Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How to move Workflows From campaign A to campaign B

Level 3
Level 3

I have a few workflows within a Campaign, I'd like to take them out of the campaign and archive them, there is no option, to move them, is there no concept of folders? what are my options? do I create a new campaign and call it archive and just move all workflows I want to move out from my campaigns in there.

I have prefixed my expired workflows with the label expired, I can target them and see their [campaign/@name], now I want to mass update the workflow dimension to move them to a new campaign, but I don't see the foreign key within workflow dimension to reassign campaign/@name. any ideas? where and what needs to be updated in the workflow schema/dimension to reassign these workflows to a another campaign. I want to check the workflow and or campaign schemas in my data schemas (Administration\Development\Diagnosis\Data schemas) but I dont see workflow nor campaign just custom schemas...and extensions am I missing previleges?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@o_X I don't see any other good way to do it. Create a new campaign where you want to move all the workflows. Do a package export of all the expired workflows and edit the XML in the package by replacing the old campaign name with a new Campaign name. Import it back again.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi O_X,

Please check out the following discussion:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/move-multiple-workflows-to-...

There isn't really a simple way to move a workflow from one Campaign to another. You would have to try and update the workflow's associated Campaign ID using a workflow and update in order to move it to a new Campaign.

Level 3
Level 3

Hi Craig,

Thanks I've already looked all all those links, and I am at that stage, trying to find out within the workflow dimension/schema which [key] links (workflow) to (campaign).

I cannot see how they are linked... and there isnt any campaignId FK within the workflow schema/dimension.

If I query the workflow dimension and add additional data such as [campaign/@name] I can see that my workflow is assigned to my campaign, but if I then attach the update data I need to know which field needs updating in the workflow dimension to reassign to another campaign. could you please help me with this.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@o_X I don't see any other good way to do it. Create a new campaign where you want to move all the workflows. Do a package export of all the expired workflows and edit the XML in the package by replacing the old campaign name with a new Campaign name. Import it back again.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3
Level 3

Hi Sathe,

If I could access the workflow and or campaign ootb schema, I can see which source and destination keys are used to make the relationship, but for some reason I cannot see these in data schemas?? am I missing a previlege? I can only see extension to schemas, but there is no "Generate preview" so that I can see the whole xml code to understand how the link is made,

Do we have access to view ootb schema xml code? or no? or do we need special access for that.

Community Advisor

I don't think it's exposed within ACS.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3
Level 3

Whats really weird is that while I can use the following expression to query my workflow dimension and it pulls the data correctly.

[workflow/campaign/@name] = 'CMP42'

I cannot use the same expression in additional data, and also update data does not let me modify the column to update using expressions.

o_X_0-1684523892760.png

o_X_1-1684524162239.png