Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How do I prevent Neolane / Adobe Campaign stripping mso conditional comments?

Level 1

Neolane appears to be altering my code upon send for some reason. I currently have some conditional Outlook code within my email, this is here to ensure the Design is able to be built.  However Neolane strips out the first part of the code

<!--

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <v:rect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" fill="true" stroke="false" style="width:600px;height:722px;"> <v:fill type="tile" src="http://placehold.it/600x772" color="#5b0103" /> <v:textbox inset="0,0,0,0"> <![endif]-->

Does anyone know why Neolane does this? Also, more importantly do you know how I can stop this happening?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Chrissy,

After some digging, this looks like a bug and would need more investigation from our product team. Please contact Adobe Customer Care by opening a request on Adobe Campaign’s support portal, where you can give all the necessary details about this issue. They will be able to assist further.

Thank you,

Tacia

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Hello,

In order to help us determine exactly the cause of this behaviour, could you be more specific about the context? Which version of Adobe Campaign do you use? Is your email content imported using “DCE” mode? And which part of your code is stripped out (is it all of what you pasted here?)? Also, at which moment do you notice the code of the email has changed?

Sometimes when importing content in DCE editing mode, parts of the code can be automatically re-written for deliverability and compatibility purpose. If this is what you’re experiencing, please contact Adobe support to escalate the problem as this is a known behaviour.

If this is something different, do not hesitate to post more details here so that we can dig into it together.

Thank you,

Tacia

Level 1

Hi Tacia,

In order to help us determine exactly the cause of this behaviour, could you be more specific about the context? Which version of Adobe Campaign do you use? 

I use the client console version 6.1.0 build 8116 of 05/03/2014 Application server: version 6.1.0 build 8185.

Is your email content imported using “DCE” mode? 

As far as I'm aware, no I paste the source code into the delivery template "source code" tab, there is no import happening.

And which part of your code is stripped out (is it all of what you pasted here?)? 

Yes I've given you part of the code that gets altered

1. <!--[if gte mso 9]>
  2. <v:rect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" fill="true" stroke="false" style="width:600px;height:722px;">
  3. <v:fill type="tile" src="http://placehold.it/600x772" color="#5b0103" />
  4. <v:textbox inset="0,0,0,0">
  5. <![endif]-->

Becomes 

1. [if gte mso 9]>
  2. <v:rect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" fill="true" stroke="false" style="width:600px;height:722px;">
  3. <v:fill type="tile" src="http://placehold.it/600x772" color="#5b0103" />
  4. <v:textbox inset="0,0,0,0">
  5. <![endif]-->

Also, at which moment do you notice the code of the email has changed?

Once the email is delivered, I noticed the email is now broken in various clients.

Sometimes when importing content in DCE editing mode, parts of the code can be automatically re-written for deliverability and compatibility purpose. If this is what you’re experiencing, please contact Adobe support to escalate the problem as this is a known behaviour.

Do you have a link for this DCE mode that I can review, I'm fairly certain we do not use this however it would be good to gain an understanding of what this is.

If this is something different, do not hesitate to post more details here so that we can dig into it together.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Chrissy,

After some digging, this looks like a bug and would need more investigation from our product team. Please contact Adobe Customer Care by opening a request on Adobe Campaign’s support portal, where you can give all the necessary details about this issue. They will be able to assist further.

Thank you,

Tacia

Level 1

Hi @chrisy17516447 

Was this bug resolved? I have an identical issue with Adobe Campaign Classic Version 7.0.19.1 Build 9032

Hi @taciac 

Were you able to find an alternate solution to this?

Regards

aK

Level 1

This bug still appears to be causing issues. Was this ever resolved, or are there any steps available to avoid this?