Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Fragment Not Unlocking

Level 3

I've been testing fragments and I know we're supposed to be able to edit them when you click on the padlock icon, but I am finding this isn't working. I click the padlock and get the normal toolbar, but I can't go into any of the components and edit them. E.g. I can't edit a title by clicking on it and typing a new title in. I can edit the HTML. However as soon as I save the email the lock comes back.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thank you to @SatheeskannaK for working with me to find the issue. The issue turned out to be Firefox. The fragments don't function correctly inside Firefox, but works fine in Chrome. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@michaelwilding,

Ideally, fragments should allow you to edit when it's dropped into the delivery template by breaking the synchronization with the fragment. Not sure if you are trying to edit any OOTB fragments directly in the template which will not work. You will have to duplicate the fragment and use it in the template and make necessary updates specific to a template if required. There are a few things you need to consider while creating fragments,

SatheeskannaK_0-1683294239304.png

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/designing-content/building-email-con...

For example, I have a fragment created for a legal disclaimer, and when I use that in the delivery template it allows to me break the synchronization from the original fragment where I was able to edit and save changes.

Let me know if this is still not working.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

@SatheeskannaK thank you for the reply. This is a custom fragment, not an OOTB. When I break the synchronisation I am still unable to edit any of the parts. If I break synchronization, then save email, when re-open email it is re-synchronized. 

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thank you to @SatheeskannaK for working with me to find the issue. The issue turned out to be Firefox. The fragments don't function correctly inside Firefox, but works fine in Chrome.