Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Formulas / Expressions for Web Analytics (Brand Configuration)

Level 5

Hi All,

I would like to be able to output the "event date" in YYYY/MM format for my google analytics links, which are set up in a brand configuration.

I've configured like below, using expression ToString(Year(context.eventDate)+'/'+Month(context.eventDate))

davidh2892249_0-1599475581512.png

However, this returns the following error in the sending logs (with a status failed) when attempting to send a delivery.

Error while compiling script 'DM282[htmldefaultContent]' line 49: Year is not defined.

Seems I cannot use the date functions? (this type of expression worked fine on workflow worktable expressions)

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can achieve event date in YYYY/MM for GA tracking?

Thanks

David

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Could you try syntax such as below? 

context.delivery.messageType.substring(0,2).toLowerCase()+':'+ context.delivery.executionType +':'+context.delivery.campaign.label+context.eventDate.getFullYear().toString().substring(2)+'-'+context.profile.location.countryCode.toLowerCase()+':'+context.cusExternalId + '::'

It should work....

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2

Although I have not tried, however, I have seen JS methods (and not inherent ACS method) working in that brand screen. So instead of Year() or Month() which are native to ACS, can you try something like getFullYear() and getMonth().

Please let me know if this actually works!

Level 5

Hi @supratim1034 - thansk for the suggestion, but sadly that doesn't work either.

Any other thoughts?

Administrator

Hi @davidh2892249,

Was the given solution helpful or were you able to resolve this query with some other solution? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 5

Hi @Sukrity_Wadhwa,

Sadly the functions mentioned above also are not supported... so i don't yet have a working solution.

If you or anyone else has any ideas, please let me know

Administrator
Thanks for letting us know. I will escalate it further to our internal SMEs and see if they can help you.

Sukrity Wadhwa

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Could you try syntax such as below? 

context.delivery.messageType.substring(0,2).toLowerCase()+':'+ context.delivery.executionType +':'+context.delivery.campaign.label+context.eventDate.getFullYear().toString().substring(2)+'-'+context.profile.location.countryCode.toLowerCase()+':'+context.cusExternalId + '::'

It should work....