Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Export an Audience from ACS

Level 4

Hello,

I am tring to export all the recipients from an Audience into a file.

I can't see the download button in the Audience Tab.

There is a way to do that?

Regards

Alice

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Alice,

As you are using ACS, you should use a workflow to pull the audience through a query activity.

Pass that data to an Export File activity.

Connect the Export file activity to File Transfer activity to upload the file to Adobe sFTP.

You can then download the file using a FTP tool like FileZilla, Winscp etc.

Regards,

Vipul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Alice,

As you are using ACS, you should use a workflow to pull the audience through a query activity.

Pass that data to an Export File activity.

Connect the Export file activity to File Transfer activity to upload the file to Adobe sFTP.

You can then download the file using a FTP tool like FileZilla, Winscp etc.

Regards,

Vipul

Employee

Isn't there a way to just export the file to my computer? What if I don't have an SFTP location to export the file to?

Employee

Hi Andrew,

Downloading files to local machines is not yet allowed . If you don't have an sftp location you can save it directly on the App server but there is no option to save a local file.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 1

Hi Adhiyan,

I have the same problem. We don't have the option for using a sFTP server, so how do I extract data from ACS?

I would like to download data directly to my machine.

Br,

Mathias

Employee

Ok, thanks, I have a couple questions in response:

1. This may sound a bit sarcastic but it is an honest question and not intended to be rude - by "not allowed" do you mean to say that the functionality doesn't exist yet, or is there a specific reason why an Admin with full privileges is restricted from exporting to their local machine?

2. How do I access a file that has been exported to the App server?

Employee Advisor

HI Andrew,

To answer your first point. The functionality to export data from Audience is not available yet. There are export buttons available on other views of ACS but this specific thread is for Audience only. If you wish to have this feature provided please reach out to support and share a feature request with them.

Now, the export functionality provided by ACS on various screens does have an upper limit. If the volumes are high you won't be able to export the entire data. This limit has been imposed to ensure someone doesn't consume entire disk space and memory to export huge amounts on data.

To answer your second query, if the file gets exported on app server, end users cannot access them. As a result of this, we have File Transfer activity on workflows to transfer these files to Adobe sFTP provide with each instance of Campaign Standard.

If you don't have one, please check your contract and request Adobe support to get the sFTP created accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vipul