Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Error on Workflow to import data from a csv file

Level 1

Hi everyone,

I need some help with a workflow I want to use to import/update profiles in the database from a csv file. The issue is that when I start the workflow, the 2 recipients from the csv file (which are not in the database before upload) are added in the Complement, instead of Segment 2 where they should be  Updated as Profiles in the database. 

AndreeaCostea_0-1614177826958.png

I suppose the issue comes from the criteria used in the Segmentation activity, but I don't know how to change that. 

Criteria for Segment 1:  profile’s CRM ID is not equal to 0

Criteria for Segment 2: 

AndreeaCostea_0-1614260076544.png

I used the steps mentioned in this example: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/managing-processes-and-data/importin...

1. Load file activity (csv file with column headers firstname;lastname;birthdate;email;city;crmID). The file includes 3 profiles: 1 currently existing in Campaign database and 2 new. 

2. Reconciliation activity by CrmID

3. Segmentation with 2 segments and a complement. Segment 1 retrieves reconciled recipients and for them I have an Update data activity with Operation type just Update. Segment 2 with recipients that were not reconciled and I want to use them to create new recipient entries in the database. And then a Complement with the remaining data (recipients that don't have enough data to be added in the database)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AndreeaCostea ,

yes, Criteria specified in Segment 2 is incorrect.

Basically the records coming in Segment 2 are those who are not in the database right. But in your filtering condition you are checking again with profiles database.

Criteria you used is checking profile resource again:

incorrect.PNG

But You need to filter by using the column in file.

Like,

correct.PNG

Regards,

ParthaSarathy

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AndreeaCostea ,

yes, Criteria specified in Segment 2 is incorrect.

Basically the records coming in Segment 2 are those who are not in the database right. But in your filtering condition you are checking again with profiles database.

Criteria you used is checking profile resource again:

incorrect.PNG

But You need to filter by using the column in file.

Like,

correct.PNG

Regards,

ParthaSarathy

Community Advisor

Hi @AndreeaCostea ,

Yes your edited configuration in Segment 2 is correct. You need to get the 2 records in segment 2 transition. If not, follow the below troubleshooting steps.

check your test data manually. Is everything matching your segment-2 criteria or not.

If it is correct, please check your Load file and Reconciliation configuration as per document - Click here for documentation

And you can also check 'Crmid of profile (profile)' in transition arrow between reconciliation activity and segmentation activity by selecting interim results (to enable interim result go to workflow property > execution > check 'keep the interim results')

There see what is the crmid of profiles (profile) for that 2 records.

regards,

ParthaSarathy

Level 1
Hi @ParthaSarathy, thank you for taking the time to help me! I noticed that I should change the crmID with CustomerID. In Campaign database crmID is empty, while each profile has a CustomerID, so I changed all the criteria in the workflow to reflect CustomerID. The problem could still be from matching the IDs? I mean in the csv file the ID is like 12345, 12346 and so on, while in the database the IDs are of different formats: some like "cust1" while others a longer combination of numbers and letters. Regarding your suggestions: in csv file everything is matching segm 2 criteria meaning firstname, lastname and email are not empty. So, I'm thinking the problem could be with ID. Regarding the IDs in the transition between reconciliation and segmentation for the 2 records, the IDs are the ones I have in the csv file.

Community Advisor
Hi @AndreeaCostea , yes. If the CustomerID has values like abc123, abc124 etc, then its data type will be string. So in your load file activity make sure that your value is mentioned as string. And Regarding the IDs in the transition between reconciliation and segmentation for the 2 records, the crmID will have the values as you have in the csv file and CRM ID of profiles (profile) will be having the value as 0 for those 2 records which are not existing in database

Level 1

Hi @ParthaSarathy! I found the problem with the criteria for segment 2. The problem was with the rule of Customer ID for Segment 2. If I use "NULL" instead of "Not equal to 0" seems to work.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me find the problem!

AndreeaCostea_0-1614688570033.png

AndreeaCostea_1-1614688683902.png

Level 1

Hello @ParthaSarathy ! Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion, you are right with the way I should filter for Segm 2, but it's still not working. 

AndreeaCostea_0-1614193061962.png

The 2 contacts that are not in the database go to Complement, instead of Segment 2.

AndreeaCostea_1-1614193238330.png