Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Email testing: How to add targeted profiles from an existing workflow using profile substitutions (ACS 20.2)

Level 2

Hi,

Since the release of Adobe Campaign Standard version 20.2, it is possible to do e-mail testing using targeted profiles. I need help to select the profile to use for testing. 

I've followed the steps in the tutorial:

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-standard/using/testing-and-sending/preparing-and-tes...

The profiles are targeted in a workflow:

DM989_summary.png

The email delivery in the workflow is 'paused', to prevent it from sending e-mails without testing.

DM989_SC00569_email_delivery.png 

But I don't see the option to create a substition.

DM989_error_no_profiles.png

What do I've to do to solve this problem and test my e-mails properly, using additional data added in the workflow?

Kind regards,

Björn

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

It seems to be that this testing option is only availabe using single email deliveries. In my company we use many recurring email sendings, so that's a future wish list item.

One of our Adobe contacts will check if this conclusion is right.

And to see the 'prepare option' I've had to check the box by 'request confirmation' in the schedule part of the email delivery.

So it's a bit of a workaround now 

1. save the current recurring email as a template
  2. create a new single email delivery in the existing workflow
  3. base the content of this new email on the saved template in step 1
  4. check the box 'request confirmation' (otherwise the email will be sent right away)
  5. add the profile substitution
  6. get your email test and check it (don’t hit the ‘confirm’ button before testing)

single email delivery vinkje.png 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Bjorn,

You need to prepare the delivery first and then the option will be available.

Thanks

David

David Kangni

Level 2

Hi @DavidKangni , what do you mean by 'prepare the delivery first'?

I've developed an e-mail using the Email Designer, and already sent some test e-mails (without using additional data).

So in my opinion that's the preparation of my email.

I also don't see a 'prepare' option in my email delivery. And I've never used it before.

Kind regards,

Björn

Community Advisor

Hi Bjorn,

It will not appear in your recurring delivery but in a normal delivery. Can you check the delivery generated when you run your workflow?

Thanks

David

David Kangni

Level 2

Hi David,

Thank you for getting back to me. 

I've  saved my existing email as a template and created a new one (not recurring) in the same workflow.

I don't understand how to check the delivery generated in the workflow. Because when I choose 'normal execution' the email will be delivered immediately.

Even in the new email delivery I still don't have the option to prepare a delivery.

Kind regards,

Björn

Community Advisor

Hi Bjorn,

You have to configure the schedule to not send the email immediately.

Thanks

David Kangni

Correct answer by
Level 2

It seems to be that this testing option is only availabe using single email deliveries. In my company we use many recurring email sendings, so that's a future wish list item.

One of our Adobe contacts will check if this conclusion is right.

And to see the 'prepare option' I've had to check the box by 'request confirmation' in the schedule part of the email delivery.

So it's a bit of a workaround now 

1. save the current recurring email as a template
  2. create a new single email delivery in the existing workflow
  3. base the content of this new email on the saved template in step 1
  4. check the box 'request confirmation' (otherwise the email will be sent right away)
  5. add the profile substitution
  6. get your email test and check it (don’t hit the ‘confirm’ button before testing)

single email delivery vinkje.png