Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Email headers

Level 4

Hi ,

Can someone explain me about the sender address and reply address in the attached image? Does the sender address have a mail box? or a reply address has a mailbox server? Where should we be monitoring the mails. The concept is not clear for me. A brief explanation would be appreciated!

Regards,

Priyanka

mailaddress.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Thanks, Priyanka!

Yes, You are right.Sender address should be one per Brand or Product based on the Marketing strategy.

Sender address should be one per Brand or Product based on the Marketing strategy.

Like Adobe Marketing Cloud can have one sender address "marketingcloud@adobe.com"or can have different sender address for every product/tool like "AEM@adobe.com", "campaign@adobe.com", etc

Reply to address must be a monitored mailbox and sender address may or may not have the mailbox.

regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Priyanka,

There are three Approaches to choose for your reply to and sender address.

Traditional Approach

The traditional approach is to use a single, consistent response address for reply and sender address. However, Traditional addressing has two main problems. First, the reply address may not be the same as the sending address. This can be the case for a number of reasons, including mail forwarding, address aliasing, or even role addresses. It’s often impossible to use the same address for both.

Dynamic Address Approach:

Choose one sender address. It’ll be consistent, recognizable, branded, and easily added to a recipient’s address book.

Choose different mail-box address as a reply to address based on the Brand, Department, Campaign goals, as Most of the companies have a different person responsible for responding to the acquisition or Remarketing or other campaigns.

Use one address for Sender address like Dynamic Address but use a different address for Reply-to address.

This simplifies the process but your marketing team has to work extra hard to monitor the email box.

To answer your last question, Reply address has a mailbox server.

Regards,

Amit

Level 4

Thanks Amit. That was a great detailed explanation!

So if I have understood correctly, in the dynamic address approach,

1.Sender address should be only one and reply address can be many, as there are different teams who will be responding to the emails.

2.Only reply address has mailbox server and sender address may or may not have mailbox .

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Once again thanks for your quick reply!

Regards,

Priyanka

Correct answer by
Level 10

Thanks, Priyanka!

Yes, You are right.Sender address should be one per Brand or Product based on the Marketing strategy.

Sender address should be one per Brand or Product based on the Marketing strategy.

Like Adobe Marketing Cloud can have one sender address "marketingcloud@adobe.com"or can have different sender address for every product/tool like "AEM@adobe.com", "campaign@adobe.com", etc

Reply to address must be a monitored mailbox and sender address may or may not have the mailbox.

regards,

Amit