Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Dynamic CTX payload

Employee Advisor

My question is related to Message Center. Is it possible to substitute a ctx node value into another node at the time when our event call is being bound to the delivery template?

Let's say I wish to send a SOAP event to MC using payload like the following: 

<ctx>
    <recipient> 

<firstName>xxxxx</firstName>
        <fullName>Full Name is equal to: <%= ctx.recipient.firstName%></fullName>

</recipient>
</ctx>

Inside the template I've used <%= rtEvent.ctx.recipient.fullName %>
When I'm trying to send the SOAP call, the output is coming as "Full Name is equal to: " and the firstName section is blank.

I'm pretty sure that my implementation is wrong and maybe it is not possible at all, but still will look forward to your inputs.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Vipul,

What you doing is not possible as <%= ctx.recipient.firstName%> will not be available in xml object definition of ctx.
this is similar to asking 
var foo = {
    a: 5,
    b: 6,
    c: this.a + this.b  // Doesn't work using a reference inside the definition. this reference will be available outside this definition.
};

and moreover this is against the current XSL for this xml.

Regards,
Amit

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Vipul,

What you doing is not possible as <%= ctx.recipient.firstName%> will not be available in xml object definition of ctx.
this is similar to asking 
var foo = {
    a: 5,
    b: 6,
    c: this.a + this.b  // Doesn't work using a reference inside the definition. this reference will be available outside this definition.
};

and moreover this is against the current XSL for this xml.

Regards,
Amit

Employee Advisor

Hi Amit,

Even I had this understanding but then was curious to know if someone has actually found a workaround to it.

Thanks for taking a look into it.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 2

Hi

I got it to work by doing something like this:

var count = 3;

<% for (var i = 0; i < count; i++){

var name = "item" + i %>

<%= rtEvent.ctx[name] %>

<% } %>

<ctx>