Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Delivery Confirmation Expiration

Level 4

Hello,

Is there supposed to be a delivery confirmation expiration within Campaign?

In the situation that you leave the delivery in a 'Confirmation Pending' status but simply do not confirm the delivery for two days, it ends up in a status shown in my test below:

1382630_'Finished' Delivery3.PNG

This most commonly happens when we want to run the workflow to generate an accurate targeted list and generate a proof a few days in advance in order to socialize that information outside of the system. Then when we come back into it two days later it's 'finished'.

We have a few different options for workarounds, but i don't understand why this would be expected behavior, so i want to confirm that this is supposed to happen.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

The contact date is in the delivery itself. It is also listed on the delivery summary tab.

ContactDate.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hello there,

This can happen when the delivery validity gets over . Can you please check the properties of the delivery to see what validity is set. I am guessing this would be 2 days.

Go to properties > validity tab to check this.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 4

Thanks Adhiyan!!

Interesting. So the delivery duration controls how long after the delivery it will keep trying to send emails as well as how quickly you need to confirm the delivery?

"The Delivery duration field lets you enter the limit for global delivery retries. This means that Adobe Campaign sends the messages beginning on the start date, and then, for messages returning an error only, regular, configurable retries are performed until the validity limit is reached."

When does the delivery validity start counting? Because based on the above excerpt from here i would assume it should be at the start date of the campaign, but in the situation's we've encountered the delivery 'finishes' before reaching the campaign start date (because we date it based on when we'll send it, not when we create it).

You are correct we've set the validity down to a minimum because our promotions are only valid for 2 days generally, and we don't want anyone receiving the email promotion after it's expired.

Thank you for your help!

Robbie

Level 5

I believe it is based on the contact data of the delivery, not the start date of the campaign. Those are two different objects. Also, the validity is only good for emails that still in re-try status. So if your email with a 2-day coupon is delivered on day 0, on day 4 it will still be in the person inbox because the delivery status is = finished. Nothing is erasing the email once it is in your customer's inbox. If on Day 0 the status of a recipient's email is pending or re-try, and the status remains until day 2, the delivery validity will run out before the delivery is actually delivered and the status changes to finished. In that event, the email will not be delivered beyond the validity date.

Level 4

Thanks David!

Where can i find the contact date of the delivery?

Yeah i'm definitely not trying to remove an email from anyone's inbox -- sorry if that's how it came across -- i just don't want it to be sent from Campaign after the promotion ends, that's why we're limiting the delivery duration to only within the time parameter of the promotion.

Correct answer by
Level 5

The contact date is in the delivery itself. It is also listed on the delivery summary tab.

ContactDate.png

Level 4

Thank you David! I can do some testing from here. It's interesting (and somewhat disappointing) that you have to choose a scheduling option in order to change the contact date. We'll have to change our approach to utilizing the solution

Note for Adobe -- a worthwhile enhancement to add to the list.

Thanks again,

Robbie