Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Transferring From Marketo To Adobe

Level 2

Does anyone in the community have experience in both Marketo and Adobe Campaign?

I am brand new to Adobe (today is my first day using it), but have a heavy background in Marketo. I am wondering how other people have found the transition from Marketo to Adobe-- does a background in Marketo lend itself to success within Adobe? How steep is the learning curve when making that transition? Any tips or documentation that might be useful for someone coming over from another platform?

I am used to knowing how to navigate the system, and since this is all new to me, I would appreciate any insights, suggestions and pro tips.

Thanks in advance!
Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!!

Well I am moving up stream in your river; I am an adobe campaign architect and Now learning Marketo which qualifies me to answer your question.

Marketo and AC both of them are marketing automation framework so they work on the same core principle like if you are good with the core concept of marketing automation such as  program strategy, monitoring and analyzing, governance, training and deployment and you understand that we supports strategic marketing leadership as a marketing advisor and technologist. I believe you are familiar with the core concepts like

• Demand creation, nurturing and scoring program strategy
  • Email campaigns, landing pages, forms and reports
  • Nurturing and scoring programs to support the marketing organizations

Apart from this knowledge you need to be proficient with Scripting i.e Java Script and database languages such as SQL and web services.

If you look closely than you will find it's just the way of implementing these concept that is different in Adobe campaign and Marketo so if you are a good marketing automation consultant than it doesn't mater whether you are using Marketo or Adobe campaign; you will prevail.

Regards,

Amit 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!!

Well I am moving up stream in your river; I am an adobe campaign architect and Now learning Marketo which qualifies me to answer your question.

Marketo and AC both of them are marketing automation framework so they work on the same core principle like if you are good with the core concept of marketing automation such as  program strategy, monitoring and analyzing, governance, training and deployment and you understand that we supports strategic marketing leadership as a marketing advisor and technologist. I believe you are familiar with the core concepts like

• Demand creation, nurturing and scoring program strategy
  • Email campaigns, landing pages, forms and reports
  • Nurturing and scoring programs to support the marketing organizations

Apart from this knowledge you need to be proficient with Scripting i.e Java Script and database languages such as SQL and web services.

If you look closely than you will find it's just the way of implementing these concept that is different in Adobe campaign and Marketo so if you are a good marketing automation consultant than it doesn't mater whether you are using Marketo or Adobe campaign; you will prevail.

Regards,

Amit 

Level 2

Thanks so much Amit -- I appreciate the thoughtful response!!

I am only on day two in Adobe, so I have a lot to learn. From what I can tell, your assessment is right on the money -- the biggest adjustment is that I do not have a background in Java, so that is one thing I am definitely going to have to learn (Java scripting was not necessary in Marketo, but from what I can tell, it seems to be critical to true dynamic marketing in Adobe).

Best of luck in your deep dive into Marketo. I can tell you that one great resource for learning and leveraging Marketo quickly is Josh Hill's "Guide To Marketo" -- https://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/marketing-rockstars-guide-to-marketo/marketo-guide-download-... -- It's an old document, but I think valuable.

Thanks again!

Steve