Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Deduplication properties

Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

In adobe campaign classic, there are deduplication properties within the templates already preconfigured, does the same exist in ACS? or do we have to enforce deduplication manually in each workflow? or is it enforced through typologies?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can look at OOTB typology rules (duplicate) and it applies to all channels.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@o_X Can you specify details when you say deduplication properties within the templates? Is that a deduplication activity?

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3
Level 3

Hi Sathe,

I guess the question is whether we have to explicitly enforce deduplication through the dedup activity in workflow, or whether the delivery template has a predefined dedup feature like how ACC templates does.

If I was to create an ad-hoc email how do I manage deduplication on a query or audience? I dont see any deduplication options.

o_X_0-1684511183654.png

o_X_1-1684511200631.png

Community Advisor

@o_X It would be good to do that separately in the workflow using a deduplication activity rather than doing it in the ad-hoc email. Also, typology rules would be another place to consider. I would suggest to setup a workflow template that includes the delivery template.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3
Level 3

Hi Sathe,

I guess my question is, all possible areas where deduplication can be configured.

"It would be good to do that separately in the workflow using a deduplication activity rather than doing it in the ad-hoc email". Does this imply that it can be actually be done through the ad-hoc email? I don't see the options, this is what I am referring to.

Community Advisor

No, you can't apply deduplication in the ad-hoc email while you set the targets. But typology tied to email delivery does that for you.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3
Level 3

Is there an ootb typology that does it, or do we have to create one to apply to all channels?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can look at OOTB typology rules (duplicate) and it applies to all channels.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 6

Hi @o_X ,

As best practice it is not recommended to have duplicates removed through typologies as that will not give clear picture of number of duplicates removed in data transfer.

Its better to have duplicates removed always by deduplication activity as it gives more options of various conditions and better data visibility