Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Deactivate an Recurring Inapp delivery in ACS instance through API

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to deactivate / expire a Recurring Inapp delivery post execution as I need to deactivate a delivery post 20 days it is triggered. The end date column in the Inapp delivery cannot be personalized or have an expression so unable to configure 20 days expiry for each execution. You can do that manually by going to Inapp delivery dashboard and clicking deactivate button for the active executed Inapp delivery however a manual approach for recurring Inapp execution is not a solution as we need to manually deactivate executed Inapp delivery after 20 days of execution.

I tried to mimic the API calls command that happens when you click deactivate button in the Inapp delivery dashboard however I am unable to authenticate it. Could you please let me know how we can authenticate below as Adobe IO bearer token is not authenticating below end point.

End point - https://samplexxxxxx.campaign.adobe.com/rest/head/delivery//@uNRyobux0vL1dudeGgO27ACMp6a9rR-B1fiZeDqcH7dJ6107DBW6UVzlZE_eA89PFnxMeiu54WUDT7Fri3U14oL9K0s/commands/

Body :

{method: "deactivate"}

RST-360011 An error has occurred - please contact your administrator.
XSV-350041 Bearer token of a technical account must be accompanied with a valid service token.

Regards

Shriniwas

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Shri19, You won't be able to use that as an API endpoint. Try opening a support ticket and see if this can be considered an enhancement request.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

@Shri19 , I don't think there's such a REST API provided by ACS to interact with Inapp/Delivery. Available endpoints are provided in the documentation,

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/working-with-apis/get-started-apis.h...

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

@SatheeskannaK Thanks for your response, Yes agreed, however I was trying to use the API end point which I can see through network calls in browser developer console that was getting triggered while we click on deactivate button on Inapp delivery dashboard.

I also tried to update the delivery schema state column that state is getting updated to Deactivate however the date column cannot be modified using update data activity in ACS, it is ignoring the date column update criteria, seems restricted 

Let me know if there is a workaround to authenticate the endpoint or a mechanism to achieve this

Thanks

Shriniwas

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Shri19, You won't be able to use that as an API endpoint. Try opening a support ticket and see if this can be considered an enhancement request.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Thanks @SatheeskannaK , I have raised a request with support and will check if they can consider it as an enhancement request.

Level 6

Hi @Shri19 ,

I think the other approach you can follow is triggering the in-app through a workflow and writing some javascript in workflow so that it can customize at workflow end.

In-app delivery directly won't allow you for above feature.

Level 2

Hi @aggabhi Thanks for your response. I am unable to personalize the start date and end date fields of the Inapp delivery which determines the inapp notification frequency so cannot really use date expression to personalize the values in Inapp delivery. Not sure what you mean when stating use javascript in workflow, in ACS we don't have JS activity.

Level 6

Hi @Shri19 

I have not done the same personally but I believe we can do the same in scheduler activity which will be starting activity of workflow, doing directly on delivery level won't be possible for in-app in ACS.

Level 2

@aggabhi The ask is to deactivate the executed Inapp delivery post 20 days of Targeted date. Scheduler is in place to target the Inapp on a daily basis for the target audience however we would need to stop the previous executed Inapp delivery to be active only for 20 days post is executed in the workflow.

Level 6

Hi @Shri19 ,

Got your ask, I checked and seems you won't be able to do the same as for in-app adobe has not given seperate frequency configuration of in-app delivery as there is no recurring delivery template present as out of box for in-app delivery.