Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Creating text only versions of HTML emails in ACS

Level 6

Hi,

I'm interested to know how other users of Campaign Standard create and format their text only copies of their emails.

In our previous platform there was a built in HTML to text converter which helped but still required a certain amount of manual formatting to ensure it was readable. One thing it did help with though was gathering the URLs for each of the links.

We have tried free converter tools for example the Mailchimp one, but this doesn't recognise the links as ACS uses the 'data-nl-lnkep-perso-attr-href' tag rather than the href tag. This is particularly challenging when certain links point to content blocks or landing pages as they don't have physical URLs that we're able to copy and paste.

I assume we're not the only ones struggling with the issue so keen to hear how others get around it.

Thanks,

Bob

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Bob,

I'm not sure how other customers deal with it, but from Adobe's standpoint current editor doesn't provide you means to convert HTML to text.

Having said that product team is working on a new editor which will have the HTML to Text feature inbuilt. This feature is currently planned for a release in this quarter.

Will request you to keep an eye on Adobe Campaign Help | Adobe Campaign Standard - Release Notes

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vipul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6

For what it's worth I've solved the issue of linking to content blocks and landing pages, but I'm still interested to know how people tackle the rest of their email when it comes to converting from HTML to plain text.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Bob,

I'm not sure how other customers deal with it, but from Adobe's standpoint current editor doesn't provide you means to convert HTML to text.

Having said that product team is working on a new editor which will have the HTML to Text feature inbuilt. This feature is currently planned for a release in this quarter.

Will request you to keep an eye on Adobe Campaign Help | Adobe Campaign Standard - Release Notes

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 3

Hi Vipul,

Is there any update on this specific functionality? I have reviewed the release notes from this year and don't see anything.

Thank you