Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Can functions/expressions be used in ACS content blocks?

Level 5

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to use functions (the ones that can be used to manipulate data in expression editor in workflows) in ACS content blocks, with the purpose of manipulating the personalised data that is generated when email deliveries prepare.

e.g. hash an email address without having to store the hashed version on the profile table.

Something like: <%= Md5Digest(context.profile.email)%>

That specifically doesn't work, but I'd love to hear if something similar is possible.

Thanks 

David

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi David,

technically functions can be called at this place.

Though there is no list of officially supported functions and that may change any time.

Sometimes the functions available in Campaign Classic work in Campaign Standard as well. There seems to be a MD5 function in ACC, but not sure if it works in ACS as well

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-classic/technicalresources/api/f-digestStrMd5.html

Regards

Ramon

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi David,

technically functions can be called at this place.

Though there is no list of officially supported functions and that may change any time.

Sometimes the functions available in Campaign Classic work in Campaign Standard as well. There seems to be a MD5 function in ACC, but not sure if it works in ACS as well

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-classic/technicalresources/api/f-digestStrMd5.html

Regards

Ramon

Level 5
Hi @ramon_bisswanger, would you have a working example for my use case above? It sounds like you wouldn't recommend it?

Employee Advisor
No, I don't have a working solution. There is nothing officially documented, so even if it may work now, it's not guaranteed to be working in the future, so recommendation would indeed be to not use such a function