Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can form outputs trigger email to be sent from captured email?

Level 1

We have a form that is capturing customer information and we would like to trigger an email to be sent upon submission.  The biggest part of this task is that it needs to be sent FROM the email address that the customer has input into the form.  Any suggestions on where I should get started?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Derek_Wiley, I would suggest having additional data passed when someone submits the landing page. For example, set source as additional data in the landing page properties, and value could be any string that you want to identify the email came from.

Make sure to extend the profile resource with the source field. Once you have the source field added it will capture the email address and source when someone submits the form. You can setup workflow to query (Also see if you can use incremental query) the profiles to look for the source string that setup and send out the email.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@Derek_Wiley When you say form is that hosted in ACS or externally hosted?

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1

Thanks for your fast response.  This form is hosted in ACS.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Derek_Wiley, I would suggest having additional data passed when someone submits the landing page. For example, set source as additional data in the landing page properties, and value could be any string that you want to identify the email came from.

Make sure to extend the profile resource with the source field. Once you have the source field added it will capture the email address and source when someone submits the form. You can setup workflow to query (Also see if you can use incremental query) the profiles to look for the source string that setup and send out the email.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1

Thank you very much for your advice!  I will attempt to follow these instructions and write back if I have any troubles.  Have a great weekend!

Level 6

Hi @Derek_Wiley ,

I would suggest sending the submission response email though transactional email rather than general workflow email as general email won't be real time and would lead to delay in sending of email.

Also in case of transactional email, you can simply pull the email which you have captured during landing page easily by API