Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Adding dynamic segment code gives an error

Level 4

Hi,

Anyone knows how to add a dynamic segment code in a transition without triggering an error in a workflow?

I have tried something really simple like:

robayzma_0-1605107479476.png

But I get an SQL insert error in the workflow.

-Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you want to do it to have the segment code available on the delivery logs, there is no need to use the dynamic segmentation code feature.

Easier might be to use an Enrichment. Then just in Additional Data add an attribute and as field name use @segmentCode.

This will process the value in the same way then defined elsewhere but gives you great flexibility in defining the value.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

Hello @robayzma,

I just tried reproducing the dynamic segment in a query, I do have an SQL error.

I think the reason is that the expression $long(vars/@recCount) can't be applied here since there are no inbound transition to the query.

If your need is to have the segment named with the count resulting from the query, you can add an enrichment after the query and put your expression there :

anasso83525035_0-1605110509023.png

Outbound transition from the query :

anasso83525035_1-1605110566217.png

Enrichment with dynamic segment code :

anasso83525035_2-1605110617474.png

Outbound transition from the enrichment :

anasso83525035_3-1605110947838.png

Level 4

Can you do something like $(vars/@customerID)?

Level 4
Hi @anasso83525035 , I do wonder if there is a possibility to use something else for dynamic code such as a target data field, my end goal is to enrich the delivery table(broadloag) with an identifier from the workflow, and I thought Dynamic Segment Code would be a way to do this, that is if I could make a unique segment code per target

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you want to do it to have the segment code available on the delivery logs, there is no need to use the dynamic segmentation code feature.

Easier might be to use an Enrichment. Then just in Additional Data add an attribute and as field name use @segmentCode.

This will process the value in the same way then defined elsewhere but gives you great flexibility in defining the value.