Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Adding a mailto List-Unsubscribe header to email in ACS

Level 2

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with my gmail emails marking my ACS sends as spam. I'm using Return Path to get information on inbox placement, and it mentioned that gmail inbox placement rate is suffering because there is no "mailto List-Undsubscribe header" in the email. How does one implement this header in ACS?

Thanks so much!

Danny Diaz

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Daniel,

This just means  inserting an Unsubscription link at the top (and bottom too) of your newsletter.

The way to do it is like this: Adobe Campaign Help | Inserting a link

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Daniel,

This just means  inserting an Unsubscription link at the top (and bottom too) of your newsletter.

The way to do it is like this: Adobe Campaign Help | Inserting a link

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Level 2

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your reply!

It looks like the unsubscribe link is showing up in gmail after all (just because I have it in the footer of the email):

1623234_pastedImage_0.png

Here is my code for the opt out link at the bottom of the email:

<% if( document.mode != 'forward' ) { %>

<table  cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center" style="width:100%">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td style="font: bold 11px Corbel, Verdana, Frutiger, Helvetica,sans-serif; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; background-color: #00703c" valign="top" >

<p style="font: normal 11px Corbel, Verdana, Frutiger, Helvetica,sans-serif;">You've received this email because you are part of <br><%@ value object='branding' xpath='@publicLabel' %>&rsquo;s email list.<br>  If you wish to unsubscribe, please

<a href="http://support.nature.org/site/Survey?ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS&SURVEY_ID=17753" _label="Opt-out link" _type="optout" style="color:#ffffff;">click here</a>.

</p>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<%}%>

Would having a second opt out link at the top as well help?

I figure also I still need a "mailto" unsubscribe link. For example, this litmus article shows the following in an email header:

1623239_pastedImage_3.png

But I don't quite understand how a mailto unsubscribe works.

Thanks!

Danny

Level 2

I also just tested sending an email using Litmus's spam analysis tool and it confirmed that "We have detected your message does NOT include a List-Unsubscribe header."

Level 2

Add the List-unsubscribe under Resources > Email Delivery Template > Properties > SMTP.