Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

ACS - Trigger options

Level 4

Hi!

I need to create a campaign trigger for Cart Abandonment.

I'm following the documentation (https://helpx.adobe.com/campaign/standard/integrating/using/abandonment-triggers-use-cases.html) and I have a doubt when I have to create the event trigger in Campaign.

As indicated in the attached screenshot, I have to choose the targeting dimension in the trigger option.Trigger_events_option.png

What are the differences about the 2 choises (Real-time event and Profile)?

Thanks!

Eveline

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Eveline,

So in your case you are using the Triggers integration, right?

If so, when I look at this specific section about Triggers in the documentation: Adobe Campaign Help | Configuring Campaign-Triggers integration​, it states that the transactional message is automatically created when the trigger is published, and that you only have to personalize it (including with profile data).

"If you enrich the event data with Adobe Campaign profile data, you can personalize the message based on this information. To personalize your message, select Transactional event > Event context and select a field."

So to me in any case with a Trigger event you will be able to use the event data, and in addition to that, you can use profile data if you enriched the event.

Hope that makes sense,

Florent

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Eveline,

As explained in the documentation: Adobe Campaign Help | About transactional messaging​, this choice is according to your use case.

• Event transactional messages targeting an event. The data contained in the event itself is used to define the delivery target.

• Profile transactional messages targeting profiles from the Adobe Campaign marketing database. You can use information from the Adobe Campaign database to send a transactional message based on customer marketing profiles.

So basically, if you choose Event, you can only use the data stored in the event itself. And if you se Profiles, you will be able to add more personalization for the specific profile.
    Florent

Level 4

Hi Florent,

thanks a lot for your answer.

When we set the Triggers, we insert some variables (prop or evar) from Adobe Analytics like Product type, Product image....

So, if I understood well:

In the first case I can use these variables that I have passed in the trigger for delivery personalization.

In the second case I can use the information stored in each profiles in Adobe Campaign (like Fist Name, Last Name...) but I can't use the information passed in the triggering.

Is it right? Or in the second case I can use the information passed in the trigger too?

Thanks,

Eveline

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Eveline,

So in your case you are using the Triggers integration, right?

If so, when I look at this specific section about Triggers in the documentation: Adobe Campaign Help | Configuring Campaign-Triggers integration​, it states that the transactional message is automatically created when the trigger is published, and that you only have to personalize it (including with profile data).

"If you enrich the event data with Adobe Campaign profile data, you can personalize the message based on this information. To personalize your message, select Transactional event > Event context and select a field."

So to me in any case with a Trigger event you will be able to use the event data, and in addition to that, you can use profile data if you enriched the event.

Hope that makes sense,

Florent