Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

ACS - Hard Bounce due to User Unknown

Level 1

Hi all,

Can anyone explain hard bounces where the error reason is 'User unknown' and how to successfully email these individuals? We have verified that this is a legitimate and real mailbox.

1747121_pastedImage_1.png

I have also created a custom typology to ignore Quarantines to email this address, but it still bounces.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sandram,

If this is a valid address then it should certainly not be getting flagged as "User Unknown".  I'd recommend submitting a ticket to Adobe Campaign Support as we'll likely need to review the specific recipient to investigate further as it could be an incorrect response coming back into Campaign.

That said, as a workaround, since the address is indeed legit, please try "Whitelisting" it versus placing it in a "Valid" state.  Valid only resets the address so it can be resent to but it is still subject to the same scenario.  Whitelisting will prevent the address from moving into a quarantined or blacklisted state.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sandram,

If this is a valid address then it should certainly not be getting flagged as "User Unknown".  I'd recommend submitting a ticket to Adobe Campaign Support as we'll likely need to review the specific recipient to investigate further as it could be an incorrect response coming back into Campaign.

That said, as a workaround, since the address is indeed legit, please try "Whitelisting" it versus placing it in a "Valid" state.  Valid only resets the address so it can be resent to but it is still subject to the same scenario.  Whitelisting will prevent the address from moving into a quarantined or blacklisted state.

Regards,

Craig

Level 1

Thanks Craig.

I raised a ticket with Neolane and they whitelisted the address on their end.