Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

ACS API - How to target Custom Resources

Level 2

Hello,

I've been reading the documentation but i can't seem to find exactly how to target via API a custom resource I've created.

I created a new resource named "Order Statuses" and the resource itself clearly says that the API Name is "cusOrderStatuses". I extended the API when publishing as well.

What i can't seem to find anywhere is exactly which endpoint I need to target to create new records in this resource via the API.

Any help will be appreciated!

Jose

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Jose,

You can only make modifications to a customer resource if it is directly linked to Profile.

You have a schema OrderStatuses which I believe has a 1:1 mapping with Order which then as a many to one mapping with Profile, simply because a profile can make multiple orders.

Inside ProfileandServicesext you can access Orders using the href URL for it.

Then through that you select the href for a particular order which will take you into a specific order detail. This will give you href for OrderStatus.

This is how you will be able to make the modification to status

Regards,

Vipul Raghav

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 2

Hello,

Can anyone provide some insight on this matter?

Thanks

Level 2

The API call would be this: https://mc.adobe.io/<TENANT>/campaign/profileAndServicesExt/cusOrderStatuses

Level 2

Thank you for your answer. I've actually tried that endpoint before but for some reason i keep getting a 404 not found with the error "Error rc=-2003". That is the main issue that i have.

When i created the new resource I checked the radio button to extend the API as well, so I'm not sure which could be the problem here.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Jose,

You can only make modifications to a customer resource if it is directly linked to Profile.

You have a schema OrderStatuses which I believe has a 1:1 mapping with Order which then as a many to one mapping with Profile, simply because a profile can make multiple orders.

Inside ProfileandServicesext you can access Orders using the href URL for it.

Then through that you select the href for a particular order which will take you into a specific order detail. This will give you href for OrderStatus.

This is how you will be able to make the modification to status

Regards,

Vipul Raghav

Level 2

I have the same issue! I was just about to create a discussion about it . I thought it could be latency, but if you created your custom resource a while ago, then that's not the issue I presume.

Level 2

This solved the issue for me. Thanks!

Level 2

Hi Vipul!

Thanks for the insight. I've been testing to see if i can make it work. For now i see that my problem is that i had defined the link to profile on Order but not the way around ... If i define it in profile it tries to extend the API, so that makes sense with what you said before.

The problem that i have now is that i want to create the join to Order with a specific join condition using for example out of the box fields such as email but for some reason i can only select for the join fields that i created in the extension. How can i use out of the box fields for the join?

I think that once i solve this i will be able to solve the API problem with what you said.

Thanks!