Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Access Denied - Campaign Manager Data APi

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate Campaign manager data API with my application. I am able to log in in to data APIbut not able to execute any query . I am getting access denied error message .

Could some one please suggest any root cause of this issue ?

Thanks & Regards,

Adi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi iaditya​,

Thank you for writing in. There can be multiple reasons for facing this error.

1. The IP from where you are firing SOAP calls is not whitelisted on the application server
  2. You are using wrong credentials
  3. You are firing API calls on HTTP protocol where as the server is enabled for HTTPS.

If you can share the SOAP call you are firing along with the username used for sessiontoken. Please don't share password.

I will request you to raise a support ticket with Adobe Campaign Support team.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vipul Raghav

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi iaditya​,

Thank you for writing in. There can be multiple reasons for facing this error.

1. The IP from where you are firing SOAP calls is not whitelisted on the application server
  2. You are using wrong credentials
  3. You are firing API calls on HTTP protocol where as the server is enabled for HTTPS.

If you can share the SOAP call you are firing along with the username used for sessiontoken. Please don't share password.

I will request you to raise a support ticket with Adobe Campaign Support team.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vipul Raghav

Level 2

Hello Vipul,

Thank you for your response. I’m sorry, I’m quite new to Adobe and I don’t know where to check SOAP calls. Can you please tell me where I can see this information?

I think that you’re right, this seems to be link to IP not being whitelisted because I have two platforms of Adobe Campaign, testing and production and in production when I try to go to this url: https://xxxxxxxxxxx-prod1.campaign.adobe.com/xtk/xsl/dhtml/targetPreview.xsl I get « Forbidden. You don't have permission to access /xtk/xsl/dhtml/targetPreview.xsl on this server”.

In testing environement I don’t have this error when I try to acces the same page.

Best regards,

Nicoleta

Employee Advisor

Hi nicolletta​,

It is indeed an IP whitelisting problem.

I'm not sure if your instance is Adobe hosted or On-Premise.

If it is Adobe hosted, please raise a support ticket, providing relevant details and the error screenshot.

Also, do share your public IP and the team will get it whitelisted.

You can raise a support ticket by logging on to https://support.neolane.net/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vipul Raghav

Level 2

I'm sorry, my post doesn't belong to this question.

Former Community Member

HI Vipul,

Thanks for your reply.

I am able to log in to application so I am sure that username/ password is right. As far as IP whitelisting is concerned , I am able to generate session Id . Do you think there is separate configuration for query/ login ?

Is there any specific permission needed for using API ? As of now I am configured as an admin.

Thanks & Regards,

Adi

Employee Advisor

Hi iaditya​,

Thank you for sharing additional details.

So, IP whitelisting is already done, because you are able to login using the campaign console.

For logging into the application your public IP has to be whitelisted under VPN securityZone at the server side but for making API calls they need to be under Webservices securityZone.

Hence, I'd request you to open a support ticket as they can verify if the IP is correctly whitelisted or not.

Regards,

Vipul Raghav

Level 1

What vpn would you advise? I have found many of them on https://myipservices.com/ I just can't choose. Is it better free or paid? Thanks in advance.

Employee Advisor

Hi JennaF​,

VPN term here is used for the server config file. It can be any name depending upon how the instance has been configured for you.

It is a specific securityzone defined in the application which allows you to connect either using generated sessiontoken or using username/password authentication.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vipul