Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Unsubscribe link in the Transactional Message email

Level 4

Hi,

Has anyone used "unsubscribe" link in the message center email? I tried inserting an "unsubscribe" link, however the email can't be delivered.

If this is doable, where does unsubscribed emails store in the database? If someone unsubscribes from the Transactional Message email, does the unsubscribe apply for the specific email (event type) only or globally?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jason

5 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

Yes, we can have unsubscribe link in Header as well as Footer. What is the error you are getting while the email is not being delivered.

When emails are unsubscribed they are generally stored in nms:subscription schema and we can customize that and save in custom schema if we want. we can unsubscribe the user to that particular brand or segement and maintain that in preference centre. we can use xtk.session.write and handle this.

while sending out the unsub link, we can add the parameters to identify the user and the brand or link to certain eventtype segment.

Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It's good to know that Unsubscribe is allowed in Transactional Message email.  Here is the error message when I placed the unsubscribe link <%@ include view='UnsubscriptionLink' %>  in the email.

"Failed Unreachable xxx@gmail.com Error while compiling script 'content htmlContent' line 95: recipient is not defined. SCR-160012 JavaScript: error while evaluating script 'content htmlContent'". Do we need to fill out the "Brand Unsubscribe Config" as shown below?

1843354_pastedImage_0.png

As you mentioned parameters, could you show me an example on how to add parameters to the unsub link  <%@ include view='UnsubscriptionLink' %>  if I want to add a brand or event type.

If we add an event type parameter to the unsubscribe link, if a person unsubscribes from the event type A email, can this person receive other event type email?

Thanks again.

Level 4

Hi rajbounteous​,

I got the reply from Adobe support that unsubscribe is not allowed in Messaging Center. If you have a workaround, please share with us.

Thanks,

Level 5

Suggestion:

1. Email delivery should have a link to a webapp with recipient id in the <a> href link.

2. Create a new webapp for capturing click event from email.

3. In the Typology of transactional message, try to exclude people who clicked that link -> filter should be "webApplog do not exist such" .

In this way, you may exclude the recipients. But this is a suggestion. Give it a try.

Thanks.

Level 6

Hi,

as mentioned above you should create unsubscription web app in campaign and follow the same steps as mentioned above.