Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Trigger a SOAP call once a record is deleted

Level 5

Hello,

I would like to know how to trigger a Soap call after a record has been deleted through a graphic user interface  (Navigation hierarchy)

For data creation this works for me:

<leave>

<soapCall name="callMethod" service="cus:myDataSchema"></soapCall>

</leave>

I'd like to have something that works also for data deletion

Could you help me?

Thanks,

Salvatore

Vipul Raghav

Amit_Kumar

davidk23955130

wodnicki

Ananya Kuthiala

3 Replies

Level 5

Hello,

Someone can help me with this problem?

Adobe Campaign Classic

Jean-Serge Biron

pablo.rosero

wodnicki

Thanks,
Salvatore

Level 10

Hi Salvatore,

I am not sure how to help with your request, perhaps should you elaborate the exact use case you have in mind.

If your purpose is linked to an auditing system, you can activate it at RDBMS level (Postgresql, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle etc auditing capacity) or by implementing a SQL "after" trigger to record whatever you want 
Usually the logic is to implement the SQL "before" trigger and allow to cancel a request.

At the Adobe Campaign side, doing something "after" deletion ("leave" form entry) is a bit late, to my mind. It should be "before" ('enter" form entry).

But perhaps it doesn't match your expectation.

Otherwise, in "before" case, you can modify the form to deny deletion, or prompt a subform. I suggest such idea but I didn't test that kind of thing yet.

Regards
J-Serge

Level 6

Hi,

Are you looking to do the same as Re: How to log the delete action on a recipient?

I guess you would have to set up an Apache rule (such as RewriteCond %{HTTP:SoapAction}) or a reverse proxy (such as nginx) to intercept any HTTP call to SOAPAction: xtk:persist#WriteCollection, which is the call used when you want to delete a recipient:

"Delete a recipient" call headers:

20190329-150328-screenshot-12.jpg

"Delete a recipient" call http data:

20190329-150415-screenshot-13.jpg

Screenshots of Fiddler intercepting calls to a local ACC6 instance

Kind regards