Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Field is not stored when using real time.

Level 5

Hello everyone,

I have a question concerning an external ID value that is not always stored when using real time and I do not know why, here is my analysis :

Here is an example of XML where we store the external ID.

<ctx address = "test1.test2@mail.com" externalId = "30840601581360886" template = "CONFINSCTHECARD_NEW_US"> <recipient> <cin> 30840601581360886 </ cin> <firstname> TEST1 </ firstname> <lastname> TEST2 </ lastname > <segment> 10 </ segment> <title> 0 </ title> <urlPDF> TESTPDF </ urlPDF> </ recipient> </ ctx>

I found the 3084060158136088 in the column external ID.

In general, all real-time calls, I stock the external ID.

On the other hand, when trying to push a communication.

<ctx Svoc-CommunicationRequestId = "205154" address = "test3.test4@mail.com" externalId = "205154" template = "ACCOUNT_EMAIL_MODIF_NL"> <recipient> <Civility> M </ Civility> <LastName> Test4 </ LastName> <Isttc> False </ Isttc> <Language> nl </ Language> <TodaysDate> 09/09/2019 </ TodaysDate> <EmailValidationLink> https://www.thalys.com/be/nl/confirmation/15c10fa8e4c350f3d3a459c55ff38285 </ EmailValidationLink> <Title> M </ Title> <Codes xmlns = "" /> </ recipient> </ ctx>

In that case, the external ID is not stored.

The field in the DB is configured as follows :

SQL field Type Label Description

sExternalId string 64 External Id External identifier of the message

For now I do not know why we do not store the ID when trying to push a communication.

Do you know what can go wrong ?

If you have some answers to that or need more information about this issue, please let me know.

Kind regards.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi,

Are you passing externalId in <rtEvent> tag also?

Can you provide complete SOAP call you are passing for the two case you have mentioned.

Thanks,

Jyoti Yadav