Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Which Adobe Campaign should I use ?

Level 5

Hello everyone,

It's been few days I work on Adobe Campaign Classic and Standard.

I was wondering which Adobe Campaign is the most useful between Classic and Standard ? Did they give the same aspects ? What's the big differences between those two Campaigns ?

Thank you for your answers.

Regards,

Thibault

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

-- EN --

Thibault,

Adobe Standard is younger, and will contain all the features of Classic.

But currently, some features are reduced, especially at the level of add-ons. It is a more "clean" platform that makes it possible to do classic sending with more or less complex personalization.

For specific needs of a big client, I would rather use Adobe Classic V7, but for a client that wants to have an audience of recipients, do transactional or marketing sendings, while using a fairly simple data model, I could advise ACS. In addition, we must not forget that this tool will tend to evolve in months to come.

One thing is sure, ACS contains all the basic native features of Adobe Campaign and is quite functional. But, if you want to start touching the core of the tool, make custom javascript and make much more specific devloppment platform, it is not possible because it is a black box in ACS. Do not forget we're on SaaS, so everything is in Adobe's hands.

I hope I have enlighten you on some points, if you have questions about specific features, do not hesitate.

If ever, here is my email: alexandre.rouillard@businessdecision.com

See you soon !

Alexandre

-- FR --

Thibault,

Adobe Standard est plus jeune, et contiendra à terme toutes les fonctionnalités de Classic.

Mais actuellement, certaines fonctionnalités sont réduites, surtout au niveau des modules complémentaires. C'est une plateforme plus "épurée" qui permet de faire des envois classiques avec de la personnalisation plus ou moins complexe.

Pour tout ce qui est spécifique à un grand compte, je conseillerais plutôt d'utiliser Adobe Classic V7, mais pour un compte qui voudrait avoir une audience de destinataires, faire des envois transactionnels ou marketing, tout en utilisant un modèle de données assez simple, je pourrais lui conseiller ACS. De plus, il ne faut pas oublier que cet outil tendra à évoluer dans les mois à venir.

Tu peux te rassurer, ACS contient toutes les fonctionnalités natives basiques de Adobe Campaign et est tout à fait fonctionnel. Par contre, si tu veux commencer à toucher un peu au coeur de l'outil, à faire du javascript custom et rendre beaucoup plus spécifique la plateforme, ce n'est pas possible, car c'est une boite noire. Ne pas oublier qu'on est sur du SaaS, donc tout est à la main de Adobe.

Voilà,

J'espère t'avoir éclairer sur certains points, si tu as des questions sur des fonctionnalités précises, n'hésites pas.

Si jamais, voici mon email: alexandre.rouillard@businessdecision.com

A bientôt !

Alexandre

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Hello Thibault

Could you explain your needs ?

Personalization, Type of communicaitons, channels used, Volumes...etc...

ACS still a young product and classic is more powerfull (because he have every campaign modules, but ACS can answer to your needs if your needs are quite "direct". In addition, Classic is less design and a bit more complicated.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need, in English or in French...

Alexandre

Level 5

------------EN------------

Hello Alexandre,

Thank you for this information, I want to compare what Adobe Campaign is the most use and in which case it will be more appropriate. In what I read, Adobe Campaign Classic is more complete compared to Standard, what does Standard not do or worse than Classic ? Like in the email delivery, personnalisation, etc...

Regards,

Thibault

------------FR------------

Bonjour Alexandre,

Merci pour ces informations, je cherche à comparer quel Adobe Campaign est à utiliser et dans quel cas il sera le plus appproprié. Dans ce que je lis, Adobe Campaign Classic est plus complet par rapport à Standard, qu'est-ce que Standard ne fais pas ou moins bien que Classic ? Comme l'envoi de mails, la personnalisation, etc...

Bien à toi,

Thibault

Correct answer by
Level 4

-- EN --

Thibault,

Adobe Standard is younger, and will contain all the features of Classic.

But currently, some features are reduced, especially at the level of add-ons. It is a more "clean" platform that makes it possible to do classic sending with more or less complex personalization.

For specific needs of a big client, I would rather use Adobe Classic V7, but for a client that wants to have an audience of recipients, do transactional or marketing sendings, while using a fairly simple data model, I could advise ACS. In addition, we must not forget that this tool will tend to evolve in months to come.

One thing is sure, ACS contains all the basic native features of Adobe Campaign and is quite functional. But, if you want to start touching the core of the tool, make custom javascript and make much more specific devloppment platform, it is not possible because it is a black box in ACS. Do not forget we're on SaaS, so everything is in Adobe's hands.

I hope I have enlighten you on some points, if you have questions about specific features, do not hesitate.

If ever, here is my email: alexandre.rouillard@businessdecision.com

See you soon !

Alexandre

-- FR --

Thibault,

Adobe Standard est plus jeune, et contiendra à terme toutes les fonctionnalités de Classic.

Mais actuellement, certaines fonctionnalités sont réduites, surtout au niveau des modules complémentaires. C'est une plateforme plus "épurée" qui permet de faire des envois classiques avec de la personnalisation plus ou moins complexe.

Pour tout ce qui est spécifique à un grand compte, je conseillerais plutôt d'utiliser Adobe Classic V7, mais pour un compte qui voudrait avoir une audience de destinataires, faire des envois transactionnels ou marketing, tout en utilisant un modèle de données assez simple, je pourrais lui conseiller ACS. De plus, il ne faut pas oublier que cet outil tendra à évoluer dans les mois à venir.

Tu peux te rassurer, ACS contient toutes les fonctionnalités natives basiques de Adobe Campaign et est tout à fait fonctionnel. Par contre, si tu veux commencer à toucher un peu au coeur de l'outil, à faire du javascript custom et rendre beaucoup plus spécifique la plateforme, ce n'est pas possible, car c'est une boite noire. Ne pas oublier qu'on est sur du SaaS, donc tout est à la main de Adobe.

Voilà,

J'espère t'avoir éclairer sur certains points, si tu as des questions sur des fonctionnalités précises, n'hésites pas.

Si jamais, voici mon email: alexandre.rouillard@businessdecision.com

A bientôt !

Alexandre

Level 5

A big thanks to you for all the precision about the 2 Adobe Campaign.

Have a nice day !

Level 1

Hi Alexandre,

is there any document that I can refer to understand the difference and compare.

Thanks,

Tarun

Employee

Thanks arouillard44​ for sharing some great information about the differences between Adobe Campaign Classic and Adobe Campaign Standard! Here is some additional information that may be helpful.

Both Adobe Campaign Classic and Standard are powerful solutions to help marketers build personalized online and offline cross-channel marketing campaigns. They are both integrated with many other solutions in the Adobe Experience Cloud like Adobe Analytics, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Target, and of course, core services. They both support real-time data transfer via API and batch transfer via flat-file load. They are both being actively developed with new innovations coming out several times per year. That being said, there are some differences that help them each address various needs of the market.

Adobe Campaign Classic is the extensive cross-channel engagement platform that delivers deep and rich campaign management and delivery options. It can be deployed on-premise, in a hybrid deployment or fully hosted option and for those marketers with more advanced data needs or who need a bit more customization, this is a very powerful solution for them.

Adobe Campaign Standard is a fully web-based, on-demand solution for cross-channel campaign management which also spans online and offline. ACS was built from the ground up to be available on any browser or device and largely leverages drag and drop for campaign management and content building. With many of the same capabilities of ACC, this is a great option for marketers who have more straightforward data management needs.

I hope this information was helpful, please let me know if there are additional questions.