Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Where Can I find the message Id created by adobe campaign when sending an email?

Level 4

I target system has a column named msg Id, the data in it was created by adobe campaign when sending email to the system, the data is like NM60002D2AC001D1A16abcdtest@myemail.com. Is anyone know how does the data created by AC, and where can I find it? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Felix,

The message-ID is assigned by the campaign MTA while sending the message as an SMTP email header and is unique for each recipient. It is generated based on an algorithm which is present in the server side code.

This is generated in runtime by MTA and does not persist in the database to be retrieved later or viewed.

The message ID is a global standard for mailing systems and is documented here :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message-ID

Regards,
Adhiyan

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Felix,

The message-ID is assigned by the campaign MTA while sending the message as an SMTP email header and is unique for each recipient. It is generated based on an algorithm which is present in the server side code.

This is generated in runtime by MTA and does not persist in the database to be retrieved later or viewed.

The message ID is a global standard for mailing systems and is documented here :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message-ID

Regards,
Adhiyan

Level 2

Hi @felixsongfei 

In addition to what Adhiyan has explained about the message ID creation, if you want to see the message ID for an email that was sent out - it can be seen from the tracking server logs
Alternatively, if you click on any URL in the mirror page you would see the 3 IDs in the URL before the redirection happens, the first ID is the message ID. As in the below screenshot.

Message ID.png

Level 6

Hi,
here is the way to "decrypt" your message-Id
NM60002D2AC001D1A16abcdtest@myemail.com

NM6 0002D2AC 001D1A16 abcdtest @myemail.com
NM6 -> prefix for the neolane version
0002D2AC -> broadlogId in hexadecimal (185004 in your case) on the MTA side
001D1A16 -> deliveryId in hexadecimal (1907222 here) on the MTA side
abcdtest -> MTA server name
myemail.com -> sender domain

So, in standard configuration (midSourcing server hosted on Adobe side), you can at least discover from which delivery the email has been sent:
on the datamart side, query the midRemoteId attribute from the delivery schema with deliveryId found in the message-id (1907222 in our case)

Of course this way to troubleshoot is only to use when no tracking options have been implemented in the email: otherwise as already stated before the tracking parameters are perfect to investigate a sent email