Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Tracked links in offers used by continuous delivery fail when added after initial delivery has been created.

Level 2

I have a continuous email delivery that is using offers from a single category.

The links that were in the offers before the continuous delivery was created resolve fine on the tracking server.

However, when new offers were added to the same category after the initial delivery has been created and emails were sent by the continuous delivery activity, the links of the new offers are not resolved by the tracking server.
Looking at the audit log of the delivery, the tracking data is only sent to the tracking servers when the delivery is first created.

Is there a way to update the tracking servers with new link data when new offers are created after the initial delivery has been created by a continuous delivery?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kevinh95689533,

For that to happen you need to open and save the continuous delivery again, every time new offers are created. I am assuming that the links contain some dynamic data which does not remain the same with new offers.

Once you save the continuous delivery again, the next execution will result in creation of a new delivery which publish new tracking links and work with those until you do the same once again.

Does that help?

Thanks,

Ishan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kevinh95689533,

For that to happen you need to open and save the continuous delivery again, every time new offers are created. I am assuming that the links contain some dynamic data which does not remain the same with new offers.

Once you save the continuous delivery again, the next execution will result in creation of a new delivery which publish new tracking links and work with those until you do the same once again.

Does that help?

Thanks,

Ishan

Level 2

Thanks for taking a look at this Ishan.  Yes this will create a new delivery and the links will be fine going forward.  I was wondering if there was a way to update the tracking of the initial delivery as this one has broken links because they are not on the tracking server.

Community Advisor

Hi @kevinh95689533,

Unfortunately that would not work. However, if you have a fixed routine when new offers are published, such as every Monday, or everyday at a certain time, etc., then you can configure your continuous delivery to have a dynamic label and internal name which changes at that particular time every time. By doing this, every email sendout with new offers will have a different delivery created, and thus you will have the correct tracking links.

Another way (dirty one) of achieving this could be that you write custom code to create and publish the new tracking URLs for the new offers into the nmsTrackingUrl of your marketing instance, and also place them on the tracking URL files on the tracking server. I have not done that myself, so not 100% sure if that would work or not. Let me know if you give it a try.

Thanks,

Ishan