Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

To know the links which got clicked by a recipient

Level 2

I've been asked to find the schema and its field which will help me know which all links were clicked by a recipient.... I've been trying to find that out since quite a long time, but I'm unable to

Please help me by saying which schema and field it is

PS. I personally feel that the report that contains this data is 'URLs and Clicks' report which is based on the Delivery schema.... But still I can't seem to figure out the field..... Pls help me @adobecampaign@yuhuisg, or anyone available right now!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @yasmeenfatima ,

The Email Opens, Clicks are basically tracked in the table called as Tracking logs (trackingLog), which has Date @logDate (mentions the date + time of the activity such as open or clicks). racking logs (trackingLog) which is further linked to the table url which will give you, Label @label (title of the link in the HTML that was clicked), Type @type (the type of action performed opens,email clicks on the url, etc..), Source URL @source (actual url that was clicked (eg : 123.com)).

You directly fetch these details from the schema or you can use a workflow and use a query that uses Tracking logs as Targeting and Filtering Dimension to get all the actions performed by a recipient or you can use a workflow and use a query that uses Recipient as Targeting and Tracking logs as Filtering Dimension to check the if Recipient has clicked on any particular links.

ShineVv0823_0-1666332773469.png

Thanks,

Shine v.v

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Community Advisor

Is this a question for Adobe Campaign Classic? You posted your message in this forum, but it doesn't sound like something that ACC does.

Level 2

Yeah its for Adobe Campaign Classic

Ok, atleast may I know which schema and its field tell about the number of clicks by a recipient on a link.

Community Advisor

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with ACC. But yes, I would expect that ACC can report on the number of clicks per link out-of-the-box already.

Community Advisor

Hi @yasmeenfatima ,

You can find this in nms:trackingLogRcp schema, and the URL details in [url/@source]

ParthaSarathy_0-1666332744160.png

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @yasmeenfatima ,

The Email Opens, Clicks are basically tracked in the table called as Tracking logs (trackingLog), which has Date @logDate (mentions the date + time of the activity such as open or clicks). racking logs (trackingLog) which is further linked to the table url which will give you, Label @label (title of the link in the HTML that was clicked), Type @type (the type of action performed opens,email clicks on the url, etc..), Source URL @source (actual url that was clicked (eg : 123.com)).

You directly fetch these details from the schema or you can use a workflow and use a query that uses Tracking logs as Targeting and Filtering Dimension to get all the actions performed by a recipient or you can use a workflow and use a query that uses Recipient as Targeting and Tracking logs as Filtering Dimension to check the if Recipient has clicked on any particular links.

ShineVv0823_0-1666332773469.png

Thanks,

Shine v.v

Level 2

Could u pls help me in forming the query for it?

I have to know the links that were clicked by a particular recipient. What conditions m i supposed to include in the query?

Community Advisor

In Query you can select trackingLogRcp as targeting dimension,

ParthaSarathy_0-1666336571597.png

In Filtering condition, You can select field from Recipient link

ParthaSarathy_1-1666336614865.png

Example,

ParthaSarathy_4-1666336884089.png

And in Complementary information - add data > Data linked to the filtering dimension > Data of the filtering dimension > Expand URL link and select source URL 

ParthaSarathy_3-1666336756687.png

Run your query, and you can see the links clicked by the recipient in display targets on query output transition.

Community Advisor

Hi @yasmeenfatima ,

The tracking information will be available in schema "nms:trackingLogRcp" (Adminisitration>Configuration>Data Schema)
In this schema data, you can further add @SourceUrl and @recipients, etc columns to get your desired info.

_Shubham_Goyal__0-1666332776856.png

_Shubham_Goyal__1-1666332835576.png

Br,

Shubham

Community Advisor

Hello @yasmeenfatima 

You can identify this information from the trackingLogRcp schema. It is linked to the URL schema

Manoj_Kumar__0-1666332536396.png

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn