Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

To know the links which got clicked by a recipient

Level 2

I've been asked to find the schema and its field which will help me know which all links were clicked by a recipient.... I've been trying to find that out since quite a long time, but I'm unable to

Please help me by saying which schema and field it is

PS. I personally feel that the report that contains this data is 'URLs and Clicks' report which is based on the Delivery schema.... But still I can't seem to figure out the field..... Pls help me @adobecampaign@yuhuisg, or anyone available right now!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @yasmeenfatima ,

The Email Opens, Clicks are basically tracked in the table called as Tracking logs (trackingLog), which has Date @logDate (mentions the date + time of the activity such as open or clicks). racking logs (trackingLog) which is further linked to the table url which will give you, Label @label (title of the link in the HTML that was clicked), Type @type (the type of action performed opens,email clicks on the url, etc..), Source URL @source (actual url that was clicked (eg : 123.com)).

You directly fetch these details from the schema or you can use a workflow and use a query that uses Tracking logs as Targeting and Filtering Dimension to get all the actions performed by a recipient or you can use a workflow and use a query that uses Recipient as Targeting and Tracking logs as Filtering Dimension to check the if Recipient has clicked on any particular links.

ShineVv0823_0-1666332773469.png

Thanks,

Shine v.v

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Community Advisor

Is this a question for Adobe Campaign Classic? You posted your message in this forum, but it doesn't sound like something that ACC does.

Level 2

Yeah its for Adobe Campaign Classic

Ok, atleast may I know which schema and its field tell about the number of clicks by a recipient on a link.

Community Advisor

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with ACC. But yes, I would expect that ACC can report on the number of clicks per link out-of-the-box already.

Community Advisor

Hi @yasmeenfatima ,

You can find this in nms:trackingLogRcp schema, and the URL details in [url/@source]

ParthaSarathy_0-1666332744160.png

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @yasmeenfatima ,

The Email Opens, Clicks are basically tracked in the table called as Tracking logs (trackingLog), which has Date @logDate (mentions the date + time of the activity such as open or clicks). racking logs (trackingLog) which is further linked to the table url which will give you, Label @label (title of the link in the HTML that was clicked), Type @type (the type of action performed opens,email clicks on the url, etc..), Source URL @source (actual url that was clicked (eg : 123.com)).

You directly fetch these details from the schema or you can use a workflow and use a query that uses Tracking logs as Targeting and Filtering Dimension to get all the actions performed by a recipient or you can use a workflow and use a query that uses Recipient as Targeting and Tracking logs as Filtering Dimension to check the if Recipient has clicked on any particular links.

ShineVv0823_0-1666332773469.png

Thanks,

Shine v.v

Level 2

Could u pls help me in forming the query for it?

I have to know the links that were clicked by a particular recipient. What conditions m i supposed to include in the query?

Community Advisor

In Query you can select trackingLogRcp as targeting dimension,

ParthaSarathy_0-1666336571597.png

In Filtering condition, You can select field from Recipient link

ParthaSarathy_1-1666336614865.png

Example,

ParthaSarathy_4-1666336884089.png

And in Complementary information - add data > Data linked to the filtering dimension > Data of the filtering dimension > Expand URL link and select source URL 

ParthaSarathy_3-1666336756687.png

Run your query, and you can see the links clicked by the recipient in display targets on query output transition.

Community Advisor

Hi @yasmeenfatima ,

The tracking information will be available in schema "nms:trackingLogRcp" (Adminisitration>Configuration>Data Schema)
In this schema data, you can further add @SourceUrl and @recipients, etc columns to get your desired info.

_Shubham_Goyal__0-1666332776856.png

_Shubham_Goyal__1-1666332835576.png

Br,

Shubham

Community Advisor

Hello @yasmeenfatima 

You can identify this information from the trackingLogRcp schema. It is linked to the URL schema

Manoj_Kumar__0-1666332536396.png

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn