Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

The node of path is not stored as an independent SQL field

Level 3

When building your own content schema, you can not use the custom elements or attributes in the WF query editor. Elements appear in the list to the left, but either way you add them - by clicking or writing [element/@attribute] it results in an error (see suject line). My workaround - has been to use the data-element and a bunch of substring and charindex commands to get to the attribute value - but this gets difficult and unpractical as the schema grows and similary named attributes belong to different elements.

I have tried using the function NodeValue(String, String) which my guess is would be perfect to use for this, but to no success. Should it be NodeValue(data, "/element/@attribute") or the other way around? Doesn't matter because I still get the same error. 

How do you work around this??

best regard

Jonas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

You need to open xtk:funclist through the query editor and to select the only line returned. Then you can check the XML display

But, regarding what you search is here:
Résolu : Usage of NodeValue function - Adobe Experience League Community - 374493

And no: building SQL function to be used in workflow like an expression should not be done too easy... The base of AC is the database: building a SQL function too greedy in performances could create serious issue on the all platform

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 6

NodeValue() expression is a bit buggy depending of the ACC version you're using and the way it works for its parameter depends of the RDBMS you are using.

You can check the SQL request that is generated by checking the xtk:funclist schema -> it contains the SQL translation of all expression

Level 3

I'm not sure I am looking right; I find the Schema switch to "Data" tab and see funcList (xtk) and hive (nms). I configure list to show "Entity Content", but  this column remain blank for both items. I have admin priveliges but maybe I need something more?

Using custom content data in a workflow should be simple, right? How would you go about if you do not mind I ask.

Correct answer by
Level 6

You need to open xtk:funclist through the query editor and to select the only line returned. Then you can check the XML display

But, regarding what you search is here:
Résolu : Usage of NodeValue function - Adobe Experience League Community - 374493

And no: building SQL function to be used in workflow like an expression should not be done too easy... The base of AC is the database: building a SQL function too greedy in performances could create serious issue on the all platform

Community Advisor

It depends on your Database.

Do you know the underlying DB in ACC?

Cheers,

Deb

Level 3

Hi Deb, thank you for your input. I only have admin access rights to the client and not to the server i am afraid. Do you have any tips or workaround for using custom content data in a workflow queries would be much appreciated, thank you.