Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Move Duplicated Workflow into a Campaign

Level 2

I would like to duplicate a workflow that we have created since I need to build another workflow that is very similar. Duplicated would save a lot of time where I can just make those minor changes to the new workflow without having to rebuild from scratch. However, once I have duplicated the workflow, I would like to make sure it is in that same, original campaign. But after I duplicate it I can't find a way to do that. Is there a way that I can take that copy of the workflow and add it to the campaign?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

The other way is to duplicate the workflow and use a "mass update" (right click on the workflow in list of workflow UI and to assign it the desired operationId

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jhoyer_sd ,

There is a difference between technical workflow and campaign workflow. There are some activities supported in one and not in other. And copying activities from one workflow to another workflow(which already has activities) may cause issues at times and not recommended.

If you are sure that all activities are supported in campaign workflow, you can create a new workflow inside your campaign and copy all activities from your original workflow to your campaign workflow.

Cheers,

Deb

Correct answer by
Level 6

The other way is to duplicate the workflow and use a "mass update" (right click on the workflow in list of workflow UI and to assign it the desired operationId

Level 2

This is exactly what I was looking for it to do! Thank you!

Community Advisor

Hi,

I think you could try to use the "model" concept in your campaigns/workflows.

Try to make a model of your operation, then if I remember well, every workflow/delivery/outline you'll create inside will be models.

When you want to create a campaign with the same specifications, you will just create a new operation from the model, and everything inside the model will be instanciate (deliveries, workflows, delivery outline).

Models are very usefull in Adobe Campaign.

Ced