Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Survey - save value 0 (as number)

Level 2

Hi all,

I' m creating a survey were the recipient can answer giving a score from 0 to 10. I want to save the answer in an data of type Integer.

I've chosen Integer 8 bit (-128 to 127) as data type but when the user select 0 as answer then the score is not saved (if i mark the answer as mandatory it doesn't go to the next page). 

If i define that the value linked to the label 0 is -1, then the value saved in 255.

It seems that even if the data type chosen is Integer 8 bit (-128 to 127), it cannot store non positive values.

I would like to store 0 in the database to have clean data.

Thank you

1 Reply

Level 1

Hi @federico__ 

If you want to save the value 0 as part of your survey response, then you should add a constraint against this data field as notNull="false" which would allow null values to be stored.

By default, fields having datatype as integer have the constraint notNull="true" which doesn't allow to store null values and a value 0 is considered as null for integer datatype.