Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break on 30th September at 8 am PT with Campaign experts Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Remove duplicated rows based on other empty fields

Level 5

Hi, how do I remove duplicated rows from Recipient, where the key to identify the duplicated rows is the column "national_id" and we'd like to remove the rows where first_name and last_name are empty.

I think the deduplication activity only works on temporary results, and wouldn't remove the duplicated rows from Recipients, right?

Edit 1: 

I tried to use a deduplication and then a delete activity, but , of course, the delete activity deleted both records with the same national_id, regardless if they had first and last name data. 

ogonzalesdiaz_0-1699029004992.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ogonzalesdiaz , if this is same question as previous post, You can apply the same solution here..

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/depuplication-base...

Level 5

@ParthaSarathy 

Not sure if is the same since the Deduplication activity only separates but don't remove the duplicated Recipients from Recipients table. 

Please, see edit 1 in this new question.

Community Advisor

@ogonzalesdiaz , share the screenshot of Update data (delete) activity configuration, to see your reconciliation configuration.

And what is the primary key in your targeting dimension schema?

Level 5

I made a mistake, in the update/delete activity where it was considering the "national_id" to do the match up. It should have used the primary key to do the reconciliation instead of the "national_id".  

Ty. @ParthaSarathy