Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Personalizing URL with campaign name and launch date

Level 2

Hi! I'm pretty new to Adobe Campaing and the client I'm working with have the Classic version. I'mlooking for ways to include custom fields into the URL of the images/buttons in the email marketing that are filled in the launch time.

I was able to find how to include the audience segments name in the URL, but still couldn't find how to include the campaign name and the launch date as a variable of the URL. For example: www.companyname.com/campaign/&utm_campaign=<campaign_name>_DT<launch_date>;

I know this must be simple, but since I can't find anywhere, I'm asking for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Romulo,

The first method that comes to mind is by adding this tag to populate the date

<%= formatDate(new Date(), "%4Y%2M%2D") %> will output 20190423

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Hey,

I'm ot certain what you mean by launch date, but I believe you'll be able to access the name of the campaign by using the following delivery variable.

<%= delivery.operation.label %>

Employee Advisor

There are 2 ways:

2nd option has the advantage that it's done for all tracked links automatically.

For option 1, author has to take care

Level 2

Thanks! This solves part 1 of my problem!

By launch date I refer to the specific date the email is sent. For example, if I send an email today, I'd like to have in the URL something like &utm_campaign=campaignname_DT20190401 (in this case the format would be YYYYMMDD). Is it possible with another tag?

Best, Romulo

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Romulo,

The first method that comes to mind is by adding this tag to populate the date

<%= formatDate(new Date(), "%4Y%2M%2D") %> will output 20190423