Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Personalizing URL with campaign name and launch date

Level 2

Hi! I'm pretty new to Adobe Campaing and the client I'm working with have the Classic version. I'mlooking for ways to include custom fields into the URL of the images/buttons in the email marketing that are filled in the launch time.

I was able to find how to include the audience segments name in the URL, but still couldn't find how to include the campaign name and the launch date as a variable of the URL. For example: www.companyname.com/campaign/&utm_campaign=<campaign_name>_DT<launch_date>;

I know this must be simple, but since I can't find anywhere, I'm asking for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Romulo,

The first method that comes to mind is by adding this tag to populate the date

<%= formatDate(new Date(), "%4Y%2M%2D") %> will output 20190423

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Hey,

I'm ot certain what you mean by launch date, but I believe you'll be able to access the name of the campaign by using the following delivery variable.

<%= delivery.operation.label %>

Employee Advisor

There are 2 ways:

2nd option has the advantage that it's done for all tracked links automatically.

For option 1, author has to take care

Level 2

Thanks! This solves part 1 of my problem!

By launch date I refer to the specific date the email is sent. For example, if I send an email today, I'd like to have in the URL something like &utm_campaign=campaignname_DT20190401 (in this case the format would be YYYYMMDD). Is it possible with another tag?

Best, Romulo

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Romulo,

The first method that comes to mind is by adding this tag to populate the date

<%= formatDate(new Date(), "%4Y%2M%2D") %> will output 20190423