Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Offer Presentation in non-email deliveries (direct mail, phone, etc) with personalization

Level 2

We have been using offers in our email deliveries that contain personalization just fine.

For deliveries that have a file extraction, reference to [proposition/offer/view/textSource] is empty.  The text content in the offer contains something like  "Hi <%= recipient.firstName %>"

In the file extraction expression where do I get the text field that has been processed for personalization?   Do I have to configure something in the offer space to make this work for non-email channels?

Has anyone have an example using an offer with personalization in a delivery with a file extraction, e.g. direct mail?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Offers work the same in direct mail as any other channel.

Follow these steps:

1. Create direct mail offer space, using direct mail channel. Specify desired fields for direct mail content, etc. Publish to live env.
  2. In campaign workflow:
    1. Have query select offers in Additional data section. Add desired content fields to output, here I use @Deleted Account since it's a db field- xml fields like @Title won't work here.
    2. Have extraction format use the @Deleted Account field from Additional data created in step 1

You can also specify the offers in the delivery itself, easier to manage when they're in the workflow though.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Offers work the same in direct mail as any other channel.

Follow these steps:

1. Create direct mail offer space, using direct mail channel. Specify desired fields for direct mail content, etc. Publish to live env.
  2. In campaign workflow:
    1. Have query select offers in Additional data section. Add desired content fields to output, here I use @Deleted Account since it's a db field- xml fields like @Title won't work here.
    2. Have extraction format use the @Deleted Account field from Additional data created in step 1

You can also specify the offers in the delivery itself, easier to manage when they're in the workflow though.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Thanks Jon for taking a look at this. my question was really around personalization in the offer content, but it looks like you indirectly answered my question with "xml fields like @Title won't work here." I was trying to use the text content ([proposition/offer/view/textSource] ) field which is similar to the @Title field you mentioned.

Is there a way to store the personalized content of these XML fields in the propositionRcp schema so that personalization in the offer content is possible for non-email deliveries? or is this unique to email deliveries only?