Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Not able to see the existing delivery templates and campaigns for other "non-administration right" operator

Level 4

Hi Team,

Requesting your help regarding access management:

Query: Have to create an operator group "X" which has all the named rights except "Administration". I have provided the same but the issue is the new user under "X" group is not able to see the delivery templates/campaigns which are already present in the respective folders.

-> New operator group ['X'] has read write and delete access to the corresponding folders.

Below is the screenshot of views from admin and "X" group login:

Admin view:

Admin look.jpg  

X operator having all named rights except "Administration" named right:

X operator view.jpg

Any related help will also be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi All,

Just in case if this would be helpful for someone in future. In this case, the issue was "organizational entity" allocated to the new operator.

The new operator-we have created for this request- having all rights except admin rights, had a different organizational entity allocated and thus was not able to see the existing templates [created by other organizational operators] even with all the folder read/write access.

PoonamBhardwaj_0-1658203285343.png

Thanks!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Poonam_Dogra ,

I suppose they have right to see this folder but cannot see the contents of it. You also need to give proper rights to the campaign templates folder that is found under resources.

Marcel_Szimonisz_0-1657804198267.png

Marcel

Level 4

Hi @Marcel_Szimonisz ,

Thank you for looking into this and responding.

I just checked the 'X' operator group has read, write and delete access on resources> templates- below highlighted folders

PoonamBhardwaj_0-1657805487276.png 

PoonamBhardwaj_1-1657805628024.png

Still I am not able to see the existing contents of deliveries and campaigns templates. 

Community Advisor

Also do they have rights to see all the items set inside the campaign template like plan or program folder?

Level 4

Hi @Marcel_Szimonisz ,

Yes they have complete rights on all the subfolders.

For testing this again, I created a new group and gave similar rights to admin except administration named rights and have provided read/write access to all the folders and their subfolders, but unfortunately still not able to see the existing campaigns/delivery templates.

As soon as I give administration right, then able to see these existing records but when this named right is revoked these existing templates are not visible.

Employee Advisor

Hi @Poonam_Dogra 

Do you assign them also the default Delivery Operator operator group? I strongly suggest to assign them this operator group as it's used all ever the place in folders permissions and you would want to inherit these permissions for sure...

If you're on latest release (most likely), you would have to give them write access to the External Account and Target Mapping folder too but I don't think it's the issue on that one  yet

Do they see the Resources / Template folders?

Thanks

Denis

Level 4

Hi Denis,

Thank you for responding!

The new operator group has read write access to all the folders and subfolders in adobe campaign and as per the suggestion added those in delivery operator group but unfortunately still the operator is not able to see the existing campaigns/delivery templates. 

Community Advisor

Hello @Poonam_Dogra ,

have you checked also if they can access nmsPlan nmsProgram nmsOperation? as all of these are / can be referenced inside the campaign template. Maybe also you can check sysfilters if are not added to schemas 

Marcel

Level 4

Hi @Marcel_Szimonisz ,

I added the read and write access to all the folders in the adobe campaign, and checked the operator is able to see the nms:plan, nms:program and nms:operations folders but the user is not able to see the existing campaigns/deliveries/workflows 

Thanks,

Poonam

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi All,

Just in case if this would be helpful for someone in future. In this case, the issue was "organizational entity" allocated to the new operator.

The new operator-we have created for this request- having all rights except admin rights, had a different organizational entity allocated and thus was not able to see the existing templates [created by other organizational operators] even with all the folder read/write access.

PoonamBhardwaj_0-1658203285343.png

Thanks!