Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Input form having dynamic fields

Level 5

Hello all,

I'm here to ask you how may I develop an input form having a variable number of fields.

Here my use case.
The data schema related to the form would have multiple records associated to the same product and differs for the campaign

Es:

MyTable (cus:myTable)
<Product code, Campaign internal name, isSelected>

product001, OP1, false

product001, OP2, true

product001, OP3, false

product002, OP1, false

product002, OP3, false

on the other hand the input form should have a single view for each product and let the operator see the campaigns the product is associated to and let him/her select it through a checkbox

Es:
MyTableForm (cus:myTable)

If the operator select record product001, OP1

he/she should see these input fields

OP1

OP2

OP3

Leaving aside the soap call, could you kindly explain me the syntax I would use to develop this solution since it's dynamic?
I would be very grateful for this!

VapsyAdhiyan CflorentlbAmit KumarJean-Serge BironAnanya KuthialaDebabrata.TAdobe Campaign Classic

Thanks in advance,

Salvatore

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Buen giorno Salvatore,

Well, another way to do it, with form element:

please have a look on the factory form updatedb, the input element containing zoom="true" (with a list of tables and checkbox) and click on the button Detail at the upper right.

I think you should understand what I mean for user interface you can achieve.

(even if in your use case, the checkboxes are in the frame form).

Regards
J-Serge

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi Salvatore,

what i can think about after reading your probleme is the visibleIf in the input forms.

<container type="visibleGroup" visibleIf="@variable=value">

</container>

you can find more here : Form structure

Regards,

Badr.

Level 5

Hello badr eddine​,

Please read carefully my message.
It's not a visibility problem: those ones are not different fields of a single data record, but multiple records (and fields to be shown are the same).

Regards,
Salvatore

Level 10

Hello Salvatore,

In ACC forms, you can use, for your use case request, subFormButton:

http://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/jsapi/control-SubFormButton.html?hl=subformbutton

There are plenty of cases used by ACC standard forms in the software standard use. Often they are associated with wizard assistant forms. See examples in the factory forms by looking for subFormButton.

Depending on the User Interface you need, you can have also a look for LinkListChoice. This doesn't manage checkboxes but it is convenient for compacity on the screen.

Regards
J-Serge

Level 5

Hello Jean-Serge Biron​,

The problem of these input types in my case is that I have a main table MyTable (cus:myTable)

but the cardinality between the main table and the linked table I mentioned in the second part of the message is 1:N so that kind of input let me see only one record of the linked table.

Only linkedlist or rightLinkList seems to be working properly for this purpose

Regards,

Salvatore

Correct answer by
Level 10

Buen giorno Salvatore,

Well, another way to do it, with form element:

please have a look on the factory form updatedb, the input element containing zoom="true" (with a list of tables and checkbox) and click on the button Detail at the upper right.

I think you should understand what I mean for user interface you can achieve.

(even if in your use case, the checkboxes are in the frame form).

Regards
J-Serge