Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to restrict data if multiple countries are available in ACC

Level 4

Hi All, I have one ques:

How to restrict data if multiple countries are available in ACC

when i read the documentation i found:

with help of <sysfilters>

read and write acess praamers we can do that

then its also mentioned in documentation,

we have to use, acessible if and visisble if

i just want to understand what is the appropriate way of doing this

what is the diff between using these <sysfilters>

and acessible if and visisble if---in this case

@ParthaSarathy

@ParthaSarathy 

@ParthaS 

@AkshayAnand 

@Craig_Thonis 

@Manoj_Kumar_ 

@Amine_Abedour 

@Marcel_Szimonisz

@DavidKangni 

@Amit_Kumar 

@ShashankNigam02

@Ganesh5067

@Jonathon_wodnicki

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @DishaSharma,

AccessibleIf and visibleIf are used to show or hide data fields in a schema to a user based on their role.

For instance, you can use them to hide PII from non-admin users.

SysFilters, however can be used to show hide complete rows of data from users based on their access. In you case, if am assuming correct, you might be required to show only one country's customers to an operator having rights for that country.

e.g. you might want to show only Germany customers to an operator who logs into campaign and has rights for Germany only, and hide the remaining country customers from his view.

To make that happen, you can create named rights for each country, and then based on them you can apply the sysfilter. A very good example is given here by one of our fellow community contributors:

https://www.martechnotes.com/adobe-campaign-classic-how-to-use-sysfilters-in-data-schemas/

BR,

Ishan

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @DishaSharma,

AccessibleIf and visibleIf are used to show or hide data fields in a schema to a user based on their role.

For instance, you can use them to hide PII from non-admin users.

SysFilters, however can be used to show hide complete rows of data from users based on their access. In you case, if am assuming correct, you might be required to show only one country's customers to an operator having rights for that country.

e.g. you might want to show only Germany customers to an operator who logs into campaign and has rights for Germany only, and hide the remaining country customers from his view.

To make that happen, you can create named rights for each country, and then based on them you can apply the sysfilter. A very good example is given here by one of our fellow community contributors:

https://www.martechnotes.com/adobe-campaign-classic-how-to-use-sysfilters-in-data-schemas/

BR,

Ishan