Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to delete records where Primary Key is NULL?

Level 2

I somehow have some entries in my schema where PK Attribute is NULL.

I created the workflow by querying those rows and added Delete Data Step.. but records wont get deleted.. Error message is PK cant be NULL.                

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

For ACC - You can write a SQL Script with the 'DELETE FROM <<tablename>> WHERE <<pk>> IS NULL

For ACS -

1. Create a duplicate custom resource.

2. Publish your changes

3. Load non-null pk records from your table here.

4. Mark the table for re-draft ( more details here: Deleting a resource  ) This will delete ALL the records for the table when you publish.

5. Got ahead a publish

6. Do not delete the resource, instead unselect the re-draft and publish once again. This will leave the resources but without any records.

7. Load the data that you backed up before to the original table

8. Delete the backup table ( same steps as detailed in the link above).

9. Don't let bad data get into the system again 

Thanks,

Pulkit

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

Please post the name of the program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

-A program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or Muse or Premiere Pro or ???

Level 2

Looks like database programming...Adobe Experience...Campaign or similar...

Level 2

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Adobe Campaign Classic

Adobe Campaign Standard or Adobe Campaign Classic ?

I moved to campaign classic now. A different moderator can move to standard or even still a different forum if that is necessary.

Correct answer by
Employee

For ACC - You can write a SQL Script with the 'DELETE FROM <<tablename>> WHERE <<pk>> IS NULL

For ACS -

1. Create a duplicate custom resource.

2. Publish your changes

3. Load non-null pk records from your table here.

4. Mark the table for re-draft ( more details here: Deleting a resource  ) This will delete ALL the records for the table when you publish.

5. Got ahead a publish

6. Do not delete the resource, instead unselect the re-draft and publish once again. This will leave the resources but without any records.

7. Load the data that you backed up before to the original table

8. Delete the backup table ( same steps as detailed in the link above).

9. Don't let bad data get into the system again 

Thanks,

Pulkit