Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to change or get the URL length of more than 2000 characters? ACC Work flow javascript code

Level 1

I want to change the length of my string type URL field to 2048 i.e.  <attribute label="Links Url" length="2048" name="lnksUrl" type="string"/>  but its not working. Its only working when the length is of 1024. Any idea on how we can manage to extract.

Do i need to take any other data type instead of string?

In my code I have written as

* In Schema

<attribute label="Links Url" length="2048" name="lnksUrl" type="string"/>

* In Workflow Javascript -

var linksURL = jsonObj.content[index].links.url;

* And asigning it to the schema

lnksUrl ={linksURL}

Any idea ? 

But not working.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

What is not working? Does memo work instead of string?

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

What is not working? Does memo work instead of string?

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 1

We are fetching JSON data in a var type. Then we are assigning the var value to <attribute label="Links Url" length="2048" name="lnksUrl" type="string"/>.schema. Problem is when that when I change the length of my string type URL field to 2048 i.e.  <attribute label="Links Url" length="2048" name="lnksUrl" type="string"/>  but its not working. Its only working when the length is of 1024. Any idea on how we can manage to extract.

Do i need to take any other data type instead of string?

Community Advisor
Alternative data type is memo, though 2048 will fit in varchar for all of Campaign's supported db's. Did you run 'update database' after making the change?

Level 2

What was the solution? We are facing a similar problem.

Thanks,

Jim