Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

how do i access list using java script so that i can use values dynamically in template

Level 4

After Delivery has been send , are creating list with create list activity and storing all variables used to create the list per recipient. now plan is to save it for 21 years so that in case due to legal requirements if someone asks us to reproduce the email that we send , we should be able to generate that.  Need help on how do i access the list using java script that way i can pull the fields and populate the delivery ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Prasanna_Soni ,

Instead of reading list using 'javascript' activity you can use below approach:

1) Use 'ReadList' activity to read your list.

2) Use 'enrichment' activity to map the list with Recipient Table, if list targeting dimension is not 'nms:recipient'.

3) Use 'query' or 'split' activity to filter on your data and then send delivery.

Incase, you are saving list daily, then keep the name of the list same but differentiated by date.

In this case, you can use a 'javascript' activity and pass the date in a variable. Then while using 'ReadList', you  can provide dynamic date variable and constant fileName to be read from the folder location.

Thanks,

Jyoti

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Prasanna_Soni ,

Instead of reading list using 'javascript' activity you can use below approach:

1) Use 'ReadList' activity to read your list.

2) Use 'enrichment' activity to map the list with Recipient Table, if list targeting dimension is not 'nms:recipient'.

3) Use 'query' or 'split' activity to filter on your data and then send delivery.

Incase, you are saving list daily, then keep the name of the list same but differentiated by date.

In this case, you can use a 'javascript' activity and pass the date in a variable. Then while using 'ReadList', you  can provide dynamic date variable and constant fileName to be read from the folder location.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Employee Advisor

Do you want to save the email log? Like David got email DM1234 on 12/23? Or do want the actual HTML David received?

There are some BCC options in case you want to save the HTML.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/additiona...

You could

1. export the delivery & tracking logs

2. add the internal name to the actual HTML (like in the footer)

3. use a BCC in the delivery to send copy of the actual HTML

Now for any given user you can see they got DM1234 in the delivery logs, and can then go look up the creative in your inbox based on DM1234. Pair that with your variable export to identify exaclty what that persons personalization was.

There is also a way to use the mirror page. You could potentially export the mirror page for each recipient per email, then run another extra script to take snapshots of the mirror page, then save that snapshot in some folder.

Administrator

Hi @Prasanna_Soni,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa