Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Group by targeting dimension element

Level 6

I have a scenario where I have to calculate aggregates on some recipient columns. I'm grouping all the columns and then aggregating on them.That's generating some results.But what is group by targeting dimension element? Because when I'm doing that, it's generating the same number of results as before. Please help

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Sanjana12

As you are targeting your recipient schema, hence those become your targeting dimensions. So when you are doing GroupBy Targeting Dimension it is giving the same result are your are getting previously by your methods.

AkshayAnand_0-1670237906184.png

Regards

Level 6

So do we need to manually group and still add group by targeting dimension? Or we can simply group the columns and do away with group by targeting dimension element?

Community Advisor

Hi @Sanjana12

You can group the columns with group by targeting dimensions and proceed with your results for further operations.

Regards

Level 6

So we have to use the group by targeting dimension in addition to grouping the columns everytime? If so why?

Administrator

Hi @AkshayAnand

Could you please help @Sanjana12 further with their query?

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Employee Advisor

Hi @Sanjana12 -

The "group by targeting dimension element" refers to grouping data in a data set based on the values of specific columns or dimensions. 

If you see the same number of results as before after grouping by the targeting dimension element, it may indicate that the grouping is not being applied correctly. It's possible that the values in the grouping column are not unique, or that the data is not being grouped as expected.

By grouping the data in this way, you can calculate aggregates such as the mean, sum, or count for each subgroup. This can provide insights into the behavior of different audience segments, which can be useful for optimizing your marketing campaigns and website design.