Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

FTP data to Delivery attachment

Level 1

Hello Team,

I would like to know if we have an adobe hosted FTP and Data falls on daily basis in FTP that data should be sent as an  attachment on the Email with the personalization field 

Eg :

On FTP the File name will have Email Id  in all the File the email ID will be updated with that Email ID Customer should get the targeted.

Kindly help on this 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Sarin,

I'm not sure I understand your use case. If you are hosted, you can access an Adobe SFTP to upload files with data from your instance.

While it is possible to attach files to emails, it would not be recommended for multiple reasons:

1) Attaching files to email deliveries is typically a red flag for email service providers, who will likely flag your email as spam.

2) Sending PII (personally identifiable information) over email is an unsure transfer method and should not be done.

If you are trying to provide a file or contents contained within a file, the best option would be to generate a URL within the email that links back to an SFTP or secure dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Sarin,

I'm not sure I understand your use case. If you are hosted, you can access an Adobe SFTP to upload files with data from your instance.

While it is possible to attach files to emails, it would not be recommended for multiple reasons:

1) Attaching files to email deliveries is typically a red flag for email service providers, who will likely flag your email as spam.

2) Sending PII (personally identifiable information) over email is an unsure transfer method and should not be done.

If you are trying to provide a file or contents contained within a file, the best option would be to generate a URL within the email that links back to an SFTP or secure dropbox.

Community Advisor

Hi @sarin1 ,

How is the Data received (Is it in any schema or is it received via External Signal activity? ) and also how is your attachment files configured. The shared info is not clear to understand these parts.

Regards,

Pravallika.