Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!

How to unwrap or get values from a Wpp Object from "activity"

Level 2

Hi, I have a element of a "link" type which I am using on an input form. In my custom JS activity, how do I get the values of selected linked schema (options:dimentions). I can get to other values in JS using activity.label etc. but when I do activity.dimension I get at [Object WppObject] and I tried to use "for each" etc. but I cannot get to the selected schema values "dimensions". Does anyone know, how to get to the values in Wpp Object?

Schema:
<element label="Dimensions" name="dimension" target="options:dimensions" type="link"/>

Form:
<input xpath="dimension"/>

JS:
activity.dimension (Wpp Object)

Thanks!
/Wiki

4 Replies

Level 1

Hi @wiki, I'm facing the same problem currently and I wonder if you found a solution for parsing an wpp object?
I'm also trying to create custom activity that let's user pick values from a schema.
Thanks in advance!

Level 2

Hi @rasmusp39956127 , I didn't find the solution to parse a wpp object; but I managed to implement in another way; I created the link and then some "temp variables" where on the form, I then saved the values from user inputs (in those variables) and read those variables then in the activity.

Regards
Wiki

Level 1

Thanks for your reply and great to hear you found an alternative solution!
I'd very much appreciate a generic example of the steps you performed to achieve the desired end result, if possible?
Many thanks!

Level 2

Sure

In my custom activity's extended "Workflow" schema:

Link to schema:
  <element label="campaign" name="campaign" target="ws:campaign" type="link"/>

Placeholders to save selected value from above link/schema:
    <attribute label="campaignSelectedValue" name="campaignSelectedValue" type="string"/>
    <attribute label="campaignSelectedTextValue" name="campaignSelectedTextValue"
               type="string"/>

And then in my input form, I can set the placeholders, with selected inputs:

<form name="campaignActivity">
       <container colcount="2" colspan="2" label="Campaign" name="campaignContainer"
                 type="frame">
        <input xpath="campaign">
          <enter name="onClick">
            <set alias="@_cs" expr="[.]"/>
            <set alias="@campaignId" expr="[/@campaignId]"/>
          </enter>
        </input>
       </container>
    </container>
    <leave>
      <set expr="[campaign/@campaignId]" xpath="@campaignSelectedValue"/>
      <set expr="[campaign/.]" xpath="@campaignSelectedTextValue"/>