Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Export delivery content near real time

Community Advisor

Hi all,

we have asked to export delivery content per recipient (email, sms and mms content) to the middleware system used by call center agents.

They need preview of sent communication per user and content of the delivery (preferable as .pdf attachment) as soon as delivery is sent.

Do you have any ideas without touching business users and their campaigns/workflows? Something like export data from delivery logs and content from delivery...but there is no easy way to transform email/sms/mms content to the .pdf and  hot to even link that to the particular customer...Any idea is appreciated...

Regards,
Milan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I did this for a large charity organization once, using mirror page links in flat files.

PDF's you can generate with a post-processing workflow rendering mirror pages with headless chrome.

Another approach could be Email Archiving (BCC) to a third-party system to handle.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I did this for a large charity organization once, using mirror page links in flat files.

PDF's you can generate with a post-processing workflow rendering mirror pages with headless chrome.

Another approach could be Email Archiving (BCC) to a third-party system to handle.

Thanks,

-Jon

Community Advisor

Hi wodnicki,

thank you very much. I will check this further.
Is this covering sms/mms or only emails?

Thanks,

Milan

Community Advisor
Mirror pages and email archiving are email features. For SMS you'd have to materialize the template against data stashed to broadlog or what's currently in the tables (if use case allows).

Level 6

You can hack mirror page for SMS by editing the delivery content and force the use of mirror page.
But be carefull: depending the way you build the mirrorPage, you can have performance issue:

nms.delivery.GetMirrorURL() should not be used for a non unitary used: it creates SQL request in the database to retrieve the delivery midRemoteId each time.

you should then prefer the undocumented feature escapeUrl(simpleRevCrypt(@midRemoteId, @broadlogId)
In order to have an idea about the difference between both way:

getMirrorURL() => 16 mirrorPages URL generated per second
escapeUrl(simpleRevCrypt(@midRemoteId, @broadlogId) => 1200 mirrorPages URL generated per second

If you're using Message Center with getMirrorUrl() this is even worse: 4 mirrorPage URL generated per second (the function is using a soap call to the RT instance)...

For hacking this and having the same performance as the other, ther's a tricky hack but it wasn't me that coded it and I would have to redo this with MC... I would perhaps prefer to extend rtEvent Schema and store the mirror page URL in it by changing the ootb workflow & js to retrieve the rtEvents

In case, carefull also when you'll generate PDF using the created URLs as, depending the volumetrie, it can badly affect the webserver process