Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

Enumeration manipulation in javascript

Level 2

Hello ,

I've created an enumeration and I'd like to know how I can manipulate the elements of this enumeration in Javascript (for example add/delete/modify elements of this enumeration), but in Javascript

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi, 

Sure!

Given this enumeration as an example:

jorgeferreira_0-1695301958811.png

You can insert a line here with the following code:

// insert into enumeration

var sqlFields = "INSERT INTO campaign_dev_DB.neolane.XtkEnumValue (iValueId, iEnumId, sLabel, sName)";
var sqlValues = " VALUES(GetNewId(), 15131, 'Inserted from Javascript', 'insertedFromJS'))"; 

sqlExec(sqlFields + sqlValues);

The end result will be:

jorgeferreira_1-1695301998639.png

Note: Take into consideration that you need to find a new ID for each line if you want to insert. Depends on the client setup. 
You might need to query xtkNewId to get a new ID (and then increase it!):

select IdSeed XtkNewId where sSequence = 'xtknewid';

Other operations such as edit values, remove values, can also be done via SQL in JavaScript.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

Hello, 

You can use sqlExec (or other sql functions) to manipulate the table xtkEnum and xtkEnumValue, where all enumerations are stored.

Level 2

hello @jorgeferreira ,

thank you for your reply,
I would like to know if there is a possibility of a small example please.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi, 

Sure!

Given this enumeration as an example:

jorgeferreira_0-1695301958811.png

You can insert a line here with the following code:

// insert into enumeration

var sqlFields = "INSERT INTO campaign_dev_DB.neolane.XtkEnumValue (iValueId, iEnumId, sLabel, sName)";
var sqlValues = " VALUES(GetNewId(), 15131, 'Inserted from Javascript', 'insertedFromJS'))"; 

sqlExec(sqlFields + sqlValues);

The end result will be:

jorgeferreira_1-1695301998639.png

Note: Take into consideration that you need to find a new ID for each line if you want to insert. Depends on the client setup. 
You might need to query xtkNewId to get a new ID (and then increase it!):

select IdSeed XtkNewId where sSequence = 'xtknewid';

Other operations such as edit values, remove values, can also be done via SQL in JavaScript.