Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Design approach for storing multiple recipients(different FirstName and LastName) but same email address

Level 4

Hi,

I have a requirement where from a form on my website I am collecting student details and saving it in ACC(Adobe Campaign Classic). The form is usually filled by parents so email id used in all the children of a parent will be same though the first name and last name will change respective to their kid's first name and last name. 

The issue is that every time save is done the recipient data is overwritten. This, I suspect is because the email id is same. I want to know if there is any solution approach to overcome this ?

Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @__96 ,

Yes you are right, it is probably because on saving the system is checking if this record already exist(checking email field) and updating the record with new values filled in the form. You can check and verify it first.

A simple solution is to change the insert/update logic in ACC and insert/update a record based on more than one column(not only on email field column). For example you can insert it based on (emailId + firstName). In this case it will consider update(overwrite) if both first name and email are matching, Otherwise it will insert it.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @__96 ,

Yes you are right, it is probably because on saving the system is checking if this record already exist(checking email field) and updating the record with new values filled in the form. You can check and verify it first.

A simple solution is to change the insert/update logic in ACC and insert/update a record based on more than one column(not only on email field column). For example you can insert it based on (emailId + firstName). In this case it will consider update(overwrite) if both first name and email are matching, Otherwise it will insert it.

Regards

Level 4
Hi InMo, thanks for replying. I understood the solution provided by you and it makes sense too. Can you help me with some documentation link on how to do that ? or even screenshot will work if you have access to some ACC instance. Thanks again for the great explanation.

Level 3
Hi @__96, My apologies for replying too late. If you are inserting/updating your recipient table through a batch workflow. You need to check the Data Update activity to check the logic and criteria used in it. You can refer below documentation link https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-classic/using/automating-with-workflows/general-oper... Regards