Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Date and Time Format change in Input Form

Level 7

Hello Folks,

Is it possible to change the date format viewed on Input form ?

Example as shown below for Campaign Workflow:

Ssb_94_0-1636662583140.png

By default it takes format as MM/DD/YYYY, instead we are trying to make it as DD/MM/YYYY

Tried few options of formatDate in schema and form against corresponding field but no luck

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

SSB

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

@Ssb_94- I'm not sure how you would force the format on a form date-picker. Looking in the form schema at the input element, there doesn't seem to be a built-in attribute for formatting date pickers. Maybe someone else in the forum might be able to help.
However, in my experience, forcing a non-standardised date format is rarely a positive user experience. If you were going to force a date format other than the localised one, I would choose ISO date format (YYYY-MM-DD) as this is generally accepted as an alternative date format other than the localised one. To manipulate just a couple of date pickers to a different locale while all others are localised format would generally be a bad idea.

Just my 2c

Cheers

Darren 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi @Ssb_94 - my understanding of the date pickers in Campaign Client is they localise themselves based on the regional settings in Windows. Trying to prove this is trickier than I thought.

If it helps, all my date pickers are automatically DD/MM/YYYY (Windows = Australia region) - we never set this up specifically.

Cheers

Darren

Level 7

Understood @Darren_Bowers 

Is there anyway we can override the format, because our client is interested in having the date picker as DD/MM/YYYY , looks like formatDate document also says we cannot use in Schema / Form

Thanks,

SSB

Correct answer by
Level 9

@Ssb_94- I'm not sure how you would force the format on a form date-picker. Looking in the form schema at the input element, there doesn't seem to be a built-in attribute for formatting date pickers. Maybe someone else in the forum might be able to help.
However, in my experience, forcing a non-standardised date format is rarely a positive user experience. If you were going to force a date format other than the localised one, I would choose ISO date format (YYYY-MM-DD) as this is generally accepted as an alternative date format other than the localised one. To manipulate just a couple of date pickers to a different locale while all others are localised format would generally be a bad idea.

Just my 2c

Cheers

Darren